Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Just about over (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33238)

mopar1968 02-27-2013 05:44 PM

Just about over

Allright it just about that time of year allmost racing season :!: So now what did everyone do over the winter except freeze :?: I worked my public job done some work in my garage on customers car's and truck's, and done some updates on my Dart and finished my new ride {Duster}.

Mark

Harbone 02-28-2013 06:03 AM

Better post up some pictures or it didnt happen!! :lol:

bixblk 02-28-2013 11:59 AM

winter stuff

Dialed in the anti roll bar,put tubes in the slicks,ordered and recieved a custom built dominator, (not installed),did not shovel much snow,did this to go a lttle faster with my 70 Chevelle.

Because the car had the quickest E.T. it ever ran last run of the year, I was thinking it should be OK this year. So let the warm weather come !

Scooterz 02-28-2013 01:48 PM

I think about what I could have done to my 68 Chevelle; but it sat in garage & has not been fired up in a few months. Boxing, running, homework, work, get beat up some more in boxing, then run. I am living the Hot Rod dream vicariously through you guys right now hearing about your projects. Bixblk- is you Chevelle street friendly- or is it mostly a race car?

Mopar: your wife still has the Cuda right? I didn't know you have the Duster.

bixblk 02-28-2013 07:30 PM

chevelle

Scoot
Its a 3600 LB street car, but its getting tough on gas :lol:
Its street legal, but I do put it in strip trim when I go the track,open the cut offs and install front and rear tires.
No expressway,but I do go to alot of local cruise nights and car shows.
Jeff

MEMRACING62 03-01-2013 04:39 AM

Car is on ice...Last june I shut down dump truck co & went through a split up of a 24 year old partnership . Rebuilding business and getting alot of rehabbing done on tired rental units that when I had a partner could not get done...things going good...No time for car. :(

THERATTLER 03-01-2013 04:55 AM

I don't own anything that even looks like a race car anymore . Judy and I divorced last winter , sold everything , ..now just live a very humble , broke life . I do enjoy reading all you guys stories about racing. I think I am done . couldnt afford it if I wanted to. its just not in me anymore , life pretty much sucks around here..

Scooterz 03-01-2013 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by THERATTLER
I don't own anything that even looks like a race car anymore . Judy and I divorced last winter , sold everything , ..now just live a very humble , broke life . I do enjoy reading all you guys stories about racing. I think I am done . couldnt afford it if I wanted to. its just not in me anymore , life pretty much sucks around here..

Rough season of life for you right now. I hope it is only a temporary season... I have pondered what I would do to enjoy this sport if I lost my job, went broke, etc... I would get a cheap roller or turn key non-classic (like fox body or newer Malibu) & do piece by piece based on good luck or being in the right place @ right time... good deals come when we don't want/need them. It is hard to keep doing it when you don't feel right though. I will pray for you brother. Chin up.

Scooterz 03-01-2013 09:54 AM

Re: chevelle

Originally Posted by bixblk
Scoot
Its a 3600 LB street car, but its getting tough on gas :lol:
Its street legal, but I do put it in strip trim when I go the track,open the cut offs and install front and rear tires.
No expressway,but I do go to alot of local cruise nights and car shows.
Jeff

It sounds cool. I love the 70 too. I bet it is fun on the street... the expressway is overrated anyways 8) 8)

MEMRACING62 03-01-2013 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by THERATTLER

sorry to hear this Paul...hope with summer on its way you feel a little better......A $1500 bracket race beater would also help! :idea: