Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Members Signing Up,Newbie Thread (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19208)

topsportsman1 12-15-2007 09:20 AM

New Members Signing Up,Newbie Thread

Thanks for signing in and checking us out here at RJ Forum
Welcome all you New Members and Older Members as well.If you have any questions feel free to PM me or ask right here.

Thanks for stopping by,say hello if you'd like or use any part of the forum here,as we value your input and questions here.

Oh and one other thing,can some of you please give us a location,like a state on your profile?Just so some of the guys will know your location is all,I can pretty much tell but alot of others can't.

So join in guys meet some new people and have some fun.Its great to get to know new members.

Thanks again
Tom

topsportsman1 01-31-2008 10:51 PM

I'll start off first I am Tom I been here since March 17,2004 :P

rsrsfishslayers 02-02-2008 12:35 PM

My name is CPT.RON and I am doing this the see if my pic will come up on the bottem .
Thanks Tom

lookingaround 02-02-2008 04:35 PM

my name is Avery and im a racing junkaholic been here since Feb 22 of 06

shudahadav8 02-04-2008 07:36 AM

My name is Ray, recently joined, a friend of mine told me about it. Not sure what his user name is. Hope I have something to contribute here.

nkg 02-04-2008 08:24 AM

My name is Marianne. Been into rods for quite a while now..1st car was a 67 Chevelle. Then 68 Camaro..67 Nova...71 Nova..72 Chevelle...86 Monte...84Buick t-type (v-6 turbo with the after market intercooler in it..bought it that way) 1999 Trans-Am (with the LS1)Now restoring a 70 Nova SS that hubby put on RJ but I dont want to sell it. He'll change his mind..Lol.
Been a member for a while now, but just started visiting the forums and it looks like Im not goin anywhere for a while.
I just love the forums. I saw someone say that they were addicting and they are.
Hope I didnt chat too much..but you know how us girls are...lol

lotsof454sss 02-06-2008 07:52 AM

Welcome YA'LL...Glad to have you so please enjoy the forum section :D

olds48 02-12-2008 11:26 AM

I'm Eric.Howdy :D

Oldewalnut 02-16-2008 04:43 AM

Been away a LONG time;

My name is Robert Swartz. I used to race back in 70's-80's. Still have my 66 Chevy II that was purchased in 1978. Two things drew me to this site. The first is a desire at the ripe young age of 53 to begin the resurrection of this old car. The second is, I have been looking for an 80's roller Mustang to build me a new bracket car.

A little more background. I had two 1967 Mustangs and a Pinto (imagine that'll get a couple snickers) that I raced in the 70's. Back in those days, a couple of my running buddies were Toby and Kenny Meek, if you look up the old record books for both NHRA-IHRA, they held a couple of national recors and a few class wins in both Stock and Modified Production.

I started my Nova in 1979. Due to a stint with Uncle Sam, a friend of mine raced the car for a few years until I got home in 1984. We raced it on and off till 1988. Then marriage, job changes, mortgages, other hobbies and such dominated my life.

Hope there's room for somebody that's behind the curve and has alot of catching up to do,

lively 02-16-2008 05:54 AM

WELCOME OLDEWALNUT-----YOU CAME TO A GOOD SITE AND CAN FEEL FREE TO ASK ???? AND ANSWER ????----BUT JUST TO LET YOU KNOW --[THERE ARE A FEW REALLY CRAZY PEOPLE ON HERE TOO/ JUST KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR THEM :cry: :cry: :cry: ]--------AND NGK- WE WON'T PICK ON YOU TOOO MUCH BECAUSE YOU ARE A WOMEN[ WELL MAYBE A LITTLE/ BUT YOU CAN FIGHT BACK]----LIVELY

MagicRatt 02-23-2008 05:59 AM

Known about RJ for sometime now, just joined today. Always lots of kool stuff to dream about on this site.........

Rich

olds48 02-23-2008 07:41 AM

How you doin' Rich.My names Eric.I've only been here a few months myself ,but most all these guys are good to talk to and real helpful.If you don't want trouble I'd stay clear of Lively,though :lol: Just kidding.Welcome

lively 02-23-2008 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by olds48
How you doin' Rich.My names Eric.I've only been here a few months myself ,but most all these guys are good to talk to and real helpful.If you don't want trouble I'd stay clear of Lively,though :lol: Just kidding.Welcome

ERIC----I WILL BE WATCHING :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:SOME OF US ARE A LITTLE CRAZY[ WELL MAYBE ALOT] IT IS ERICS FAULT/ NOT SAYING ANY LAST NAMES :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:OR KIND OF "OLDS" CAR HE HAS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!-----LIVELY IN ILLINOIS

olds48 02-23-2008 08:12 AM

See,Rich?What did I tell ya?.......the man is come unhinged ......remember Ol'Yeller?......somethings got to be done :shock:

MagicRatt 02-23-2008 08:19 AM

Olds48.....thanks for the heads up. I won't need glasses to recognize those posts!! LOL

Rich

olds48 02-23-2008 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by MagicRatt
Olds48.....thanks for the heads up. I won't need glasses to recognize those posts!! LOL

Rich

:lol: Yeah but you gonna need the RJ secret decoder ring to make sense of them :lol: Lively,I know that's a strike but it's worth it.Plus I am POSITIVE you are gonna get back worse than I can give :mrgreen:

lively 02-23-2008 05:31 PM

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hollowayshotrods 03-01-2008 09:14 AM

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome Tom! Wish I could see my hands without my glasses much less read these posts without them!! Sooooooooo glad that was the first thing to go!

New here as well, although Eric and I have already introduced ourselves to each other. :)

Rudy

shortyems3307 03-01-2008 03:42 PM

Hi, my name is matt and i started racing in the late 70's thru 1994. i raced half a dozen ihra events and one nhra event and some bracket racing here locally. i started my own auto repair shop and had to sell most of my stuff to finance the shop. but now i'm trying to get back into it with a door car instead of a re dragster. everybody here is really nice and very helpfull !! sorta like being at the track with all your friends !!! it great!!

crossbreed 03-01-2008 04:38 PM

I'm Dwayne and i'm new here and i have a racing problem there are only 7 days in the week to race LOL j/k i just love to race thanks for having me

topsportsman1 03-01-2008 04:52 PM

Guys thanks for stoping by in the thread and introducing yourselfs,welcome to racing junk.Keep on coming back,and the rest of you guys feel free to post here in the thread.

Tom

bjuice 03-01-2008 04:57 PM

Hi i am Brian "Beetlejuice"..."bjuice" for short and i am
a RACINGJUNK....."JUNKIE"... :shock:

HeLp !!!

Welcome to the board guys..we got a good thing here..

PS..i can;t type worth a crap..which looks like i can't spell either..so have your de-coder glasses near by wheen readng some of my post.. :oops:

Tod74 03-01-2008 05:04 PM

lots of smart people here You have came to a great board. I learn something every day. welcome.

ALMACK 03-02-2008 06:13 PM

Hi. My name is Alan and my wife and I race at US 60 Raceway in Hardinsburg, KY on Sat. Nights.

Pics of our rides:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...irdLaunch2.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...tLaunch2CR.jpg

hollowayshotrods 03-03-2008 03:59 AM

Tickled nearly to death

Hi,
My name is Rudy, very cool site! Had my '68 Camaro up for sale or trade for the last 6 months, trying various media outlets, all of which absolutely stunk!! Then comes along RacingJunk!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! Now I am in my FIRST dragster and the Camaro has a new owner! Although I only traded, I DID make an honor payment and met a really good guy that described his car to the "T". I am vey happy!! I have filled out the profile if anyone wants to know who I am and where I am from. The only cofrontation I have had on here was from some fellow named Eric a.k.a. olds48. Anybody know him? Just kidding Eric, glad I got a response out of you, it makes me glad someone read my post and replied to it, didn't waste any time smacking me though!! LOL! No problems with E, heck of a nice guy, although he drives a OL...., just can't get that word across my lips!!

Thanks again!! I will be here from now on!!

1. How come I see some folks on here with no profile and have been on here for YEARS?

2. Why do these same folks not pay any honor payments?

3. We have been on Ebay for 8 years selling stuff (99.3). Why can't sellers be required to have a verified PayPal account to sell? You do not HAVE to pay thru Paypal and incur the fees, but you will have an outlet to go back to if you are screwed out of your dough if you do use them.

Anyway,,just my 2 cents worth.

Semper Fi!
Rudy

olds48 03-03-2008 06:30 AM

:D :D :D :D My Olds is actually more of a mutt.It's a 48 Olds with a 496 Bbc,Th4oo and a 9" Ford(pardon my french,hate to use 4 letter words like that).But it is and always will be Chevy powered.Who else makes motors?
Guess I shouldn't have messed with a leatherneck :shock: I know what you mean about honor payments.I was always curious,if I put out a wanted ad,and I end buying what I was looking for,how do I go about paying an honor payment?

macksstreetrod 03-05-2008 09:56 PM

just saying hello

Hey guys and gals my name is Dale (aka) Mack. We have been messing around with these old hotrods a long time, cant seem to get away from it.We have been here a few months now seems to be a lot of helpful people.Realy enjoying it.We traded one of our 29s for a hot 77 vega that belong to rsrsfishslayers a real nice couple from OR,very pleased having a blast with vega. Any of u guys need help from down south louisiana way give us a call any time.Top of the evening Dale

topcat572 03-06-2008 06:35 AM

Where are You? :wink:

macksstreetrod 03-06-2008 08:28 AM

Hey Topcat were are in Slidell La.Will be glad to put that info. over there soon as we figure out how to get it over there :oops: guess thats why they made me ride the special buss.info is on my racespace. Dale

lively 03-06-2008 10:40 AM

HEY--I HAVE BEEN TO SLIDELL BEFORE[ RAINY AND HUMID!!!]---MY SISTER- IN-LAW IS FROM THERE---BUT I DO LIKE THE SOUTH[ NO SNOW!!!!]---OH AND WELCOME AND JOIN RIGHT IN------LIVELY IN ILLINOIS

NorthMotorSports 03-07-2008 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Tod74
lots of smart people here You have came to a great board. I learn something every day. welcome.

Not only smart people but people from every corner of the racin world.... O and welcome yall the names Tim you came to a great place

JPdustnya72 03-16-2008 12:29 PM

I am John alias MoparNut to my friends But I like all cars and would drive what ever I can to go fast. I am A Texan Native but spent 22 years in california. My kids are there and I am back in Texas for awhile. Love the site Keep up the good work guys we need sites like this!! take care all

olds48 03-20-2008 08:32 PM

Howdy fellas.You picked a great place to hang out.Lots of smart guys here.I'm not one of them :oops: This is where I come to learn.I'm pretty new myself.I have alot of posts,but it's just because I have a big mouth.Cool to see so many new peolpe joining!!

lively 03-21-2008 09:19 AM

[I have alot of posts,but it's just because I have a big mouth-]----OH ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU GONE AND DUN IT NOW :lol: :lol: :lol: --MAN I AM GLAD YOUSE IS MYE FRIENNND!!!!

mopar1968 04-04-2008 05:10 AM

Howdy welcome aboard, my name is mark, you will like this site if you are a racing junkie like the rest of us :!: :!: :!:

BadMonza 04-04-2008 05:32 PM

Hey my name is Mike. Been checking this site out for a while to get back into drag racing and just picked up a little tube chasis monza with a small block about a month ago. Taking it to the strip next weekend. Can't hardly stand waitng. Been out of it for about 18 years and man has it all changed. Little nervous about driving this little car being that it is quite a bit faster than anything I ever had. This is a GREAT site!

olds48 04-05-2008 03:22 PM

Hi there!!I'm a little nervuos about driving mine and I've only been out of it since last season!!!Always takes a kittke gettin' used to.Welcome to the site and have fun!!!

P.S. What kind of truck do you drive??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

wardworks 04-07-2008 09:53 PM

Hello my name is Ron and I am addicted to drag racing... Kidding a side Racing Junk has been a great site. I have found some really cool parts for the race car I am building.

Thanks racing Junk!

Ron

BigMikeC 04-10-2008 04:44 AM

First post here. Been a Street/Drag racing hoodlum since the mid seventies.

davnblack 04-15-2008 08:13 AM

Newbie from Texas here...

Hello,

My name is Michael and I am from Houston Texas (actually Tomball).

After a multi year hiatus from turning wrenches and having my own pet project, I have decided its time for a new toy.

Having restored multiple Camaro's in my past I am trying to venture over to the sister line of the F-Body. I am looking for a 1975 Trans Am project car, I have always liked the big black (ugly) bumpers for some reason. Besides with the opera rear window and these bumpers its a unique year.

So I decided to join this forum to broaden my search possibilities, plus tap into an enormous knowledge base.

Thanks for having me as part of your site, I look forward to being a contributing member.

Michael