View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 07:24 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by nemesisracing
Thank you all for the advice guys! This is great!
The gears are actually factory Ford gears. I reused the factory posi center section, and reused my original pinion bearings. I did use a brand new crush collar when I put it back together along with a brand new seal that was included with the installation kit.
One good point that was brought up was the fact that I did not use synthetic oil just regular gear oil and I used 4 ounces of the autozone friction modifier. My factory service manual says to use 4 ounces of this friction modifier aditive but I didn't think that it would matter much about the brand. I will go to the dealer and get some of that along with SYNTHETIC gear oil.
As soon as I try this, then I will let you all know what I came up with.
Thanks again for everything guys! You have been a BIG help along with giving ole Mike a glimmer of hope that I may have actually installed everything correctly!!!!!! This is the first time that I have ever attempted a ring and pinion swap!
Hey Mike,
Thanks for replying back, I hate when people ask for opinions and then you never hear what they found or what they think. Let us know if that lines out your rear. Helps us all learn things.

Curtis