View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 03:51 PM
ricardobermea2
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by onedragracer View Post
Has anyone ran across another driver using any of these devices?
I recently got beat by a driver using the Race analyzer (Matty Box).
I also think he had a tree reader but I haven't found any information on the tree reader. The race analyzer is made by Richard Matty. www.mattyinnovations.com. I think it is bulls--t but until someone steps up and puts a stop to the damn cheating, I'm gonna do my part and find out as much info as possible so I will no what to look for.
I Know is an old thread. But the subjet has just come out again, I make timing systems for drag racing, I make my own pre-stage and stage sensors, i know how to make the Emitter communicate with the receiver. Infrared red rays have a specific wave length and frecuency, and guess what? Yellow light has also a specific wave length and frecuency, the wave length of yellow light is between 570 nm to 590nm (Nano Meters), infrared has 940nm wave lenght, the frecuency is modulated around 58 khz, in the same manner you make infrared sensors to communicate with each other ...you can make a sensor to detect yellow light and only yellow light ( even can make the difference between the stage bulb yellow light and the first amber flood lamp) Now the signal will be fed to a micro controller and activate a delay box to trigger the transbrake, But..... you will not necessarily find this device in the car or in the gloves of the driver or in his helmet, the device can be discased in a camera held by a helper on the side line and maybe supported on a tripod and held steady and aimed and focus to the racer first amber bulb, and the signal to the delay box is accomplished with a tiny transmitter hidden in the camera and the receiver also very small hidden in the delay box. i will not go in any more details , just to answer your question of what to look for to find such device..

Last edited by ricardobermea2; 06-16-2023 at 03:53 PM.