Old 12-10-2014, 04:33 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BigBlockMark View Post
A Crikkett weighs 305#. I have driven them at car shows/swap meets where they were rentals, and they are alright for light use, but only have a 300# payload. There is a dealer for them within driving distance in Indiana. I have been there and they sell several, can service them and have parts in stock for them. They are not made in the USA, which I don't like.

The Crickkett may or may not end up in there, we'll see.
Kinda off the subject of the trailer, but

I've never weighted one, but I would have thought a battery operated one would probably weight more than 300lbs. The load capacity at 300lbs shouldn't be a problem. I think they have the same motor as a regular cart. I'm sure you can get all this info from your local dealer.
If it makes you feel any better Rick Huff (his place is almost next to my work) designed the crickets and spent some time in China with a manufacture to build them for him. I remember looking at the drawing of them before he went to China. He use to rebuild and sell club car and I thought he was crazy when he said he was going to quit and go with the crickets 100%. Club Car and EZ GO are both made here in Augusta and we have a lot of other (spin off) golf cart related businesses here.

I haven't been by his place in a few years, but if you need any info about a Cricket and unable to get it let me know and I will get it for you.

http://www.ricksesv.com/blog/

Edit. I just read on Rick's web page that it is 303lbs. Dang that's light! I may have to see that for myself!! lol

Last edited by TheRabbit; 12-10-2014 at 04:36 PM.