HOW WOULD YOU RESPOND TO INSULTING OFFERS????

Old 04-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Man, you just never know what you will get w/ some people. some just want the attention... they have no motive to sell or buy... just need attention. The guy knew his 70cc dirt bike is not worth your set up. It does make you wonder what they are thinking!!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:17 AM
alk
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by harbone66
Paul,
I just ignore them, some people actually think theres a sucker born every minute! if he keeps buggin you just block him and the problem is solved. I have had people offer me the biggest pieces of sh*t for some of my cars and I dont let it bother me, in fact sometimes I laugh my ass off. there was one guy out of the Chicago area that has a small block chevy powered Isuzu Amigo, he thinks the POS is worth $20K all day and obviously has offered it up for trade to everyone. I replied back that I would take the Amigo and $20k for my prostreet 67 Camaro and he had the balls to come back with "well those backhalf camaro's are dropping off in value rapidly and are worth half of what they were 2 years ago". my reply was "yeah, kinda like the NADA value of your POS Isuzu, let me know how that works out for you!"
I never heard from him again! :lol:
Suckers are on both sides of a sale ya know...

TRUE STORY: A guy that used to work for my father showed up with a decent looking chevy half ton work truck. When asked How much he paid for it he answered "The guy was asking $1200 O.B.O so I gave him $1500."

Did i read that correct :shock: :? :?
:?:
Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

TRUE STORY ...My son had a motorcycle for sale in local paper for $4500....A man called and asked him if he would take $4600. cash...my son told him if he came got it right now that he would take it....the man came and got it about an hour later...real funny part is , he had the same bike listed for $4400 and never got a call....you just never know
Old 04-22-2010, 12:41 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

We have a local free advertising paper back book that comes out every Thursday.
It's called the IWANTA and it's a great local book to buy anything you want.
Some guys have gotten smart and do not put a price on the add nor will they sell on the spot. They will tell you to give them a bid and they will get back with you if you are the highest bidder. I bought a 1972 Bronco about 12-13 years ago and had to give the guy a bid. He called me a week later.

As far as a stupid trade. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, but to ask twice??
I'd ignore that too.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:27 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

when i had my monte up for sale i offered on lower valued cars then i wanted for my monte and guys would reply sure and 2k (basicaly asking price) so i know both sides. but fixing it up and as i do im gonna race it at Street Fights down here (class dedicated to street cars) ( dot tires plated ect no slicks) then ill post some picks when body done.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:49 AM
WILDWEST319
SHOW GUEST

Default LOW-BALLIN

HERE'S how you get rid of a lo-baller :arrow: .....I just got a low- ball offer on my 66 Chevelle SS last night :?: I have well over the accual worth of the Car invested but I'm asking 50 grand :roll: ....DUDE....Hits me with a possible trade on a CustomCycle he's asking 16,500 for :shock: I have no interest in the bike but I see he has other adds so I have a peek :idea: ...seeing all his adds in reality might be a possible 30k, I tell him I'm not interested in any of is adds even if he threw in 20 Grand :wink: .....He replied by Cussing me out :x He blocked my reply ....He cussed me hard :lol: it was real satisfying to see his Low-ballin SIMPLE ASS crying :cry: !!! 8)
Old 05-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: LOW-BALLIN

Originally Posted by WILDWEST319
HERE'S how you get rid of a lo-baller :arrow: .....I just got a low- ball offer on my 66 Chevelle SS last night :?: I have well over the accual worth of the Car invested but I'm asking 50 grand :roll: ....DUDE....Hits me with a possible trade on a CustomCycle he's asking 16,500 for :shock: I have no interest in the bike but I see he has other adds so I have a peek :idea: ...seeing all his adds in reality might be a possible 30k, I tell him I'm not interested in any of is adds even if he threw in 20 Grand :wink: .....He replied by Cussing me out :x He blocked my reply ....He cussed me hard :lol: it was real satisfying to see his Low-ballin SIMPLE ASS crying :cry: !!! 8)
nice!!! I have had a few that way, never here back from then again!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I knew if I dug through my old emails I could find a pic of the $18K Isuzu Amigo, this was a hot trade I should have never passed up! :roll:

notice the "custom" sidepipes!!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-06-2010, 09:25 AM
alk
JOURNEYMAN

Sweet ride Chris!!! To bad you missed out on it... :lol:
Old 05-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

That is awesome Harb... anyone how can go to True Value Hardware & buy plumbing pipe/hardware for late-pipes is a genius.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -