Race car without title

Old 08-20-2008, 02:17 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by dparker
Race cars don't have titles. Get a bill of sale youll be fine.
in NV. even race cars has to be titled.matter of fact i took a couple of junk cars to junk yard to be smashed and they couldn't take them without titles.NV. LAW states if car has a vin plate on it then you have to have title to show ownership of that car..they do not honor bill-of-sales at all.according to DMV a bill-of-sell isn't worth the paper it is on.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="hotrodharley"]
NV. LAW states if car has a vin plate on it then you have to have title to show ownership of that car.
they aint hard to get off...
Old 08-20-2008, 03:44 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

[quote="Tod74"]
Originally Posted by hotrodharley
NV. LAW states if car has a vin plate on it then you have to have title to show ownership of that car.
they aint hard to get off...
not hard to change either BUT DIDN'T HEAR THAT FROM ME...LOL
Old 08-20-2008, 04:37 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Race car without title

Originally Posted by GLADIATORINC
I am posting to ask your opinion if you guys would trade for a race car without a title. My car does have one. The race car is a certified chassis. I have just never traded without a title.
I doubt the car hes trading for has a vin. Its a certified chassis car. Which probably doesn't have a vin, subsequently wont have a title. Don't pass up a great deal, since most chassised race cars Ive purchased and sold haven't had a title. It might have a chassis number from the builder which would give it authenticity that it is a home or manufactured car though.
good luck
Old 08-20-2008, 04:44 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

:evil: get Midevil on it and get rid of vin plate i did :roll: :roll:
Old 08-23-2008, 07:17 AM
quickstreet
SHOW GUEST

Default Titles in Ga

Ga does not require & DMV will even try to pursude you not to process a title on a Pre 86 model veh. I have had no problem registering vehicles in Ga with a Bill Of Sale. I have sold veh in Tenn & La where they require a title & they were able to get a Title issued in there state with a Bill of Sell & current Ga registration. Most all out race cars that have been built for a long time have no Vins or titles because not needed to race & not register on the street. We have had several Chassis cars with just a Bill of sell & never a problem.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:09 PM
bbb555
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by hotrodharley
think about it very strong when there is no title with it..if you decide to sell it down the road it could be the deciding factor if it gets sold or not..i'm in NV. and here you can not buy or sell any type of car in NV. without a title.i know some states wants title and bill-of-sell and others only bill-of-sells..
Just me but I would never buy any type of car with out a title. It just don't seem right and resale would suck.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:54 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

If the dash and what not is gone and there is no vin plate anymore you can just buy another turd and use that title...if you can find the same kind of car...I was told I just needed to apply for a lost title...If it is a race car /modified car the police can issue you a number I believe...we had a dune buggy once that the title was a mess on...it was made from a VW and was titled as such...the police inspected it and issued a new vin and it was titled as a recreational vehicle.

How do people who build these kit cars from scratch title and plate them? If they don't have an original frame they have to get a vin somehow...
Old 08-25-2008, 07:17 PM
GLADIATORINC
CRAFTSMAN

I appreciate all your feedback. I am still on the fence and could go either way. I can't understand at what point someone decides that a title is not important anymore. Even if a car is hacked to just the shell?? I know that kit cars need to apply for a special title. Yes.No.Yes.No.Yes.No....I don't know what to do!!!!?????
Old 08-30-2008, 07:24 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Been reading post and just thought I'd stick my nose in.My '48 has 7 digits in the vin #.Anybody beat that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -