what do I do

Old 01-02-2011, 04:56 PM
grimratter
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default postal money orders

I think Hammertime might be mistaken. All of the banks I have ever delt with says that a postal money order is the only safe M/O. A lot of fake bank M/O out there, but never heard of a fake pastal M/O.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:14 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Postal MO and Bank MO

I have sold alot of stuff and I have never had a bad postal money order or had problems cashing one. On the other hand I have had two counterfeit Bank Cashiers checks, one from Lasalle bank and the other was from a Large bank company also. The lasalle cashier check was not even followed up by them when my bank and I alerted them ????? the other was taken more seriously and I do not want to say the bank organization involved. I think postal M/O are the way to get paid. It can be a little inconvienent because my post office only offers them up to 1000.00. So you may need to get a few of them to get the proper amount. When you buy them you need to give them cash, so unless they are stolen you should be OK
JMO
Old 01-03-2011, 05:01 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with ''Tod'' cash work's best on something like this :!: I think a small part is different :!:

Mark
Old 01-04-2011, 03:36 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Postal M.O

I agree,The safest thing you can get is a postal M.O. & like you said,The postoffice will cash it..He must be the only person I have found as of yet that got a bad Postal M.O.???
Old 01-04-2011, 07:37 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: postal money orders

Originally Posted by bobr
I think Hammertime might be mistaken. All of the banks I have ever delt with says that a postal money order is the only safe M/O. A lot of fake bank M/O out there, but never heard of a fake pastal M/O.
I for sure am NOT mistaken. My wife deals with this every day at work, there is several fake money orders around but one of the worst they deal with is postal m/o. I refuse to take them now for payment, not only the bank she works at but both my other banks one in town and another out of state, give me trouble with cashing them. I buy and sell parts all the time and this if far from my first go around with money orders and banks.

Cash or a wire transfer is a good choice.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:50 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: postal money orders

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by bobr
I for sure am NOT mistaken. My wife deals with this every day at work, there is several fake money orders around but one of the worst they deal with is postal m/o. I refuse to take them now for payment, not only the bank she works at but both my other banks one in town and another out of state, give me trouble with cashing them. I buy and sell parts all the time and this if far from my first go around with money orders and banks.

Cash or a wire transfer is a good choice.
This is the 1st Thing I have EVER Heard of ANYONR having a Problem with a Postal Money Order??????
The Guy sends the P.M.Oder,You take it to the P.Office and they Look it up,if its NOT on a BOGUS List,They HAND the @$$$$$$$ Over!!
DONE DEAL!
Guess,that I MISSED Something?But,It is what it is................?
Later
G :?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:00 AM
tonycpe1933
SHOW GUEST

True story that happened just last week.

I get 2 postal Money orders in the mail from out of state.

I take them to post ofice to cash, each M.O. is for one thousand.

Clerk tells me she does not have that much money.

Since I live in a small northern Mi. town and it is at the end of the day I say OK, When can I cash them.

She says she does not know and that they rarely have that much if ever.

I say just tell me when to come back and i will come back then.

She tells me in a raised voice that she does not know when they will have the money . She tells me to take them to my bank.

By this time 4 or 5 five workers come up front to see what the commotion is
One of the postal workers is the post master, the big boss.

I have to retell my story and ask why the post office can sell the money orders but can't cash them?

The post master understands my question and tells me he wonders the same thing.

I ask if he can tell me if they are real. He looks at them and says he thinks they are real ,but asks what state they are from .

I tell him the state and he says yes they are .

I take them to my bank for deposit and they say to wait 7-10 days to withdraw.

Just thought i would let you know my experience.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:08 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default MO

Originally Posted by tonycpe1933
True story that happened just last week.

I get 2 postal Money orders in the mail from out of state.

I take them to post ofice to cash, each M.O. is for one thousand.

Clerk tells me she does not have that much money.

Since I live in a small northern Mi. town and it is at the end of the day I say OK, When can I cash them.

She says she does not know and that they rarely have that much if ever.

I say just tell me when to come back and i will come back then.

She tells me in a raised voice that she does not know when they will have the money . She tells me to take them to my bank.

By this time 4 or 5 five workers come up front to see what the commotion is
One of the postal workers is the post master, the big boss.

I have to retell my story and ask why the post office can sell the money orders but can't cash them?

The post master understands my question and tells me he wonders the same thing.

I ask if he can tell me if they are real. He looks at them and says he thinks they are real ,but asks what state they are from .

I tell him the state and he says yes they are .

I take them to my bank for deposit and they say to wait 7-10 days to withdraw.

Just thought i would let you know my experience.
WHY,would He ask you What State they were from?All of that INFO is on the Money Orders.And they have a Sheet that they check to see if there For Real!
Someone is BLOWING Smoke up your AZZZZ,or................?
Later
G :?