Old 05-03-2007, 07:32 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

by the way, that was an 8-track too.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:11 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Well here goes.....

Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter, Bread, The Yard Birds, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Cheap trick,CCR, Ten Years After, The Kinks, Steppenwolf, The Trogs(I still love Wild Thing) and the one in my 8-track the most often was Sabbath Bloody Sabbath....during my darker days

And as you may or may not know, I have a nice am/fm in dash 8-track going in my car....sooooooo
Old 05-04-2007, 04:12 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Anybody remember The Who, Stepenwolf, Iron butterfly, Cream, Chicago Transit Authority, Santana, just to name a few. I'm so old I can't remember all the songs I listen to cruzin back then. Gotta love it. Good old days when gas was .25 cents and there used to be gas wars at the service stations. Remember?
Old 05-04-2007, 08:15 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

are we old or what!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:32 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

Nobody said Deep Purple?!? "Perfect Strangers" was THE tape to jam to back in the day. That, and Dire Straits. Money For Nothing was it. Of course, even earlier, Nasereth's Hair of the dog (on 8-track) was cool cuz they cussed. :lol:
Old 05-04-2007, 08:45 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Ok hows about
The James Gang Very early Joe Walsh
Traffic Steve WinWood
Simon & Garfunkle
The Moody Blues
Very early Elton John Tumble weed Connection
Jim Croche
Janis
Steppen Wolf
Old 05-05-2007, 05:19 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Doobie brothers, Kansas, Boston, Credence Clearwater, Eagles
Old 05-05-2007, 05:51 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

how abought one of my earliest favorites mr ted nugent, when I heard him singing some of his hits ,I was hooked Wang dang sweet poon tang, cat scratch fever, I knew this man was on track
Old 05-05-2007, 07:48 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

ohhh yes yes yes......to all the above..i am just in my early 40's..but my mom was sort of a FREEBIRD.."HIPEE" if you will.....i can remember all of these songs..i can remember sitting in a large circle in the city park with all my moms friend's listening to this music laying on our backs looking at clouds and shouting out what animal or figure would appear..for some reason i never saw what they did ????.they all wore indian moccasins,hand made twed shaws..the ORGINAL bell-bottom pants,Peace signs paint every where both the "insignia" and "two finger sign"...
i can remember traveling from S.C. to Florida in a VW van..i always wondered what that strong strange smell was that also made the grown ups laugh so much.....Yes i was raised by a band of Hippes...some very good/strange times back then..but the music you guys are speaking of really takes me TOO far back...

IMAGINE..raised by hippee's and turn out to be Military...ironic isn't it ?

i also was a BIG Kiss fan,,purchased their 1st album in the early 70's..we pretended to be the band members..i was always PETER CRISS. (drummer)..

thanks for the memories..Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-05-2007, 08:35 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

how about the old Cheech an Chong albums, Frank Zappa, now there was some strange lyrics....:lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -