Bogus car ads in ther HOT ROD section

Old 03-29-2017, 06:32 PM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Default Bogus car ads in ther HOT ROD section

I am seeing more bogus new member ads in the hot rod car section and also each ad is duplicated in another section. Average of 7 ads per time, all different new member names. Each is of a car in an outside setting that is worth 3 what it is advertised for. Never any phone number. Was putting them on every weekend on Saturday morning, knowing Racing Junk would not see them until Monday. Now every day this week. I flag them and they take them down, but he is persistent. RJ says they can't stop him.

Anyone know what he hopes to achieve by doing this? Anyone have any idea how to put him out of his misery?
Old 04-06-2017, 02:14 PM
yep4sale
SHOW GUEST

im sure he is getting away with money from western union or other untraceable methods . reason they keep it up is it has been working for them . . I know good folks should know better but there are a lot of folks just getting into this wonderful hobby that just have not done there home work on value and pay arrangements.i have reported them way over 100 times and it still happens . you are correct though with them doing it more and more during the week instead of late Friday early sunday . I wish I knew the answer to stopping this . I have recommended all new memebers pay a fee even for a 1 picture ad and this will stop them and make them move on . you do not see it on other sights that you have to pay and it would be worth a few bucks to all of us to not have to deal with these scum bag sand crabs . ok all done ranting
Old 04-06-2017, 02:17 PM
yep4sale
SHOW GUEST

yep4sale

im sure he is getting away with money from western union or other untraceable methods . reason they keep it up is it has been working for them . . I know good folks should know better but there are a lot of folks just getting into this wonderful hobby that just have not done there home work on value and pay arrangements.i have reported them way over 100 times and it still happens . you are correct though with them doing it more and more during the week instead of late Friday early sunday . I wish I knew the answer to stopping this . I have recommended all new memebers pay a fee even for a 1 picture ad and this will stop them and make them move on . you do not see it on other sights that you have to pay and it would be worth a few bucks to all of us to not have to deal with these scum bag sand crabs . ok all done ranting
Old 04-06-2017, 04:56 PM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

As I suggested to Racing Junk, have every new member only pay $1 for every ad for the first 30 days.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:12 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

No bogus car ads this weekend?
Old 04-10-2017, 05:45 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Guess no one was paying attention. There were a dozen BOGUS ads in the Hot Rod Car section all weekend. Same guy, same ads as last weekend. More work for Racing Junk this morning when they get back from work. You would think they could figure out a method to stop scammers fro keeping their ads up for 2 days before they react.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:01 PM
yep4sale
SHOW GUEST

we all have contacted racingjunk with different methods to stop this and I think we would all agree with what you suggested and what I have also and that is no free ad's for new members and maybe a small amount if that helps it would make all our weekends better because I spend at least 1 hour searching for bogus ad;s . I have figured out by going to new items listed section it catches the fords the VW buses and chevy and others . come on racingjunk you are on the verg of loosing good members
Old 04-10-2017, 04:40 PM
yep4sale
SHOW GUEST

these sand crabs are now putting ad;s back up as soon as racingjunk pulls them down . they are doing this to show us good folks it will never stop . it has to be done and that is ad a fee to add a new car to this sight come on racingjunk get rid of these idiots it is just tearing us all down report report and report again .