Vanishing Point Racecars

Old 05-20-2007, 01:28 PM
witchdoctor
SHOW GUEST

Default Vanishing Point Racecars

I was thinking about having them build a car. Anyone have any pros or cons. Do they deliver on time? Quality? Honesty? Return phone calls? etc. Thanks. :?:
Old 05-20-2007, 01:35 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

I have personally not heard of them.

Have you checked their membersip?

Have they made any honor payments?

Do they have a public profile?

How long have they been members?

Check all of these things and give a report.

Chances are good they are ok, but it never hurts to do your homework.

Also, if they gave a phone number listed, give them a call and ask some important questions.

If it were me and spending a lot of money I would budget enough to go to their shop and check it out ahead of time.

Just my .02
Old 05-20-2007, 02:31 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Alot of the NHRA Promods guys use thier cars and they work really well. Anytime you buy a promod dont expect them to be on time, dont know about any of thier other cars! They have been around for quite some time but i know they dont advertise on here.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:07 PM
buffjhsn1
CRAFTSMAN

barry had a beretta built there and that thing is sweet....i don't know if he will read this post or not but he can tell ya more about them than i ever could. all i can say is it is one nice car :shock:

you can usually find him here if you want to talk to him, just join and send him a p.m.

www.motorsportsvillage.com

(hope tom dosent mind the link)
Old 05-21-2007, 05:37 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

They have a very nice catalog you can order, and I have bought some items from them. Very helpful and nice to deal with.
I have not personally seen one of their cars (I dont get out much), but they are probalby as good as anyones.
However, that being said, there are other options for chassis shops.... :shock: :lol:
Old 05-21-2007, 12:21 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I am almost 100% sure they did some work on Scotty Cannon JR'S car when he crashed 2 or 3 years ago....pull torco Fuels web-site and the article should be there if not rolled off by now.

Just my opinion.......if you have a chasiss guy that can get something in and out very quick you might want to see some work he has done in the past...Your good chassis/motor guys are always gonna be busy...think about it...
Just how fast do you think a quality chassis can be built ?
i hear that building one from the ground is quicker than fixing someone's used stuff anyday. speacially if its a butcher job to start with.......

Ed can probably add to this one...

also another note...most reputable LEGIT builders will not ask you to pay for Building the car up front...if they need your money up front to make payroll and supply parts their business is hurting anI WOULD RUN AWAY FAST.........

normally if someone leaves a decent car with a chassis shop to be worked on this should be collateral enough...i could also see paying at least for material on a new car but nothing more (chassis KIT)....a complete moly KIT is not that expensive for material only.......

same goes for motor builders...just look at what happened to Troy out of Canda...Bulldog racing.. he paid Toostie race cars $26,000 up front and hasn't saw nothing out of it....i would serioulsy have to consider hurting someone really bad over this amount of money..i do not have to worrry about it cause i do not have that much to give up front..

Bottom line is be CAREFUL PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-21-2007, 04:21 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

also another note...most reputable LEGIT builders will not ask you to pay for Building the car up front...if they need your money up front to make payroll and supply parts their business is hurting anI WOULD RUN AWAY FAST.........
With all respect Brian, I have yet to find a professionally run chassis or engine shop that will finance a engine or car for anyone.
All the big ones require about 5,000 down to hold your spot on the waiting list to build you a car. When it is time to build they need about 50% (includes the original 5,000), another 25% at about the half way point and the balance when complete and ready to be delivered or picked up.
Extras and additions need to be paid up front.
This assures that the customer is serious and has the money for the project.
I for one will not start a big project without 50% down to start. I have seen other chassis shops over the years, before I started, take on a project, get a few bucks down , then the customer has no money to finish and the car sits in the guys shop for 3 years... not good at all.
Building these cars is expensive, 60,000 to over 100,000 is not uncommon, and it is kind of like building a house, the builder is not going to start unless he is sure you have the money. And draws are taken at certain points in the construction. This assures that the customer is going to do his part.
I am not going to finance 30,000 in parts and 6 months labor to have the cusomer change his mind in the end.
Now grant it, smaller projects like say, ladderbar/coilover installations, 6 point bars, 10 point cage, small repairs or updates do not need deposits, but them big ones, well the builders got to protect his butt...
I agree it is a shame what happened to some of these guys on here that pay a wack of money to some of these chassis shops, or engine shops and not get anything in return, but that is were research and customer referals come in. But some of these guys will go for the cheaper price and this is what happens. Maybe some of these guys are really crooks, or maybe just bad business men and are not making enough to pay the rent, I dont know.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:48 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mcracecars
With all respect Brian, I have yet to find a professionally run chassis or engine shop that will finance a engine or car for anyone.
All the big ones require about 5,000 down to hold your spot on the waiting list to build you a car. When it is time to build they need about 50% (includes the original 5,000), another 25% at about the half way point and the balance when complete and ready to be delivered or picked up.
Extras and additions need to be paid up front.
This assures that the customer is serious and has the money for the project.
I for one will not start a big project without 50% down to start. I have seen other chassis shops over the years, before I started, take on a project, get a few bucks down , then the customer has no money to finish and the car sits in the guys shop for 3 years... not good at all.
Building these cars is expensive, 60,000 to over 100,000 is not uncommon, and it is kind of like building a house, the builder is not going to start unless he is sure you have the money. And draws are taken at certain points in the construction. This assures that the customer is going to do his part.
I am not going to finance 30,000 in parts and 6 months labor to have the cusomer change his mind in the end.
Now grant it, smaller projects like say, ladderbar/coilover installations, 6 point bars, 10 point cage, small repairs or updates do not need deposits, but them big ones, well the builders got to protect his butt...
I agree it is a shame what happened to some of these guys on here that pay a wack of money to some of these chassis shops, or engine shops and not get anything in return, but that is were research and customer referals come in. But some of these guys will go for the cheaper price and this is what happens. Maybe some of these guys are really crooks, or maybe just bad business men and are not making enough to pay the rent, I dont know.

Ed- your my BUD but i am going to have to save a little face and disagree with you here at least on the motor part of this...they are 3 major motor builders here in the south PAR,FULTON,ClEMENTS that will build you a motor with the cost of the parts of front...
I would like to know for the heck of it if Wes Woods pre-paid for his motor from the well known shop out west..rear/morrison i beleieve it was...
would just like to know ?? :roll: :roll:

now keep in mind every one of these guys i mentioned in my home town are parts dealers and carry a majority of this stuff on the floor such as blocks etc....i am also sure they are collecting the juice on these parts also...i know that Scotty Cannon caught one of this motor builders doing this to him back in his PRO-MOD ON-SAT days and dropped the builder like a hot potatoe and went to EAGLE...that i know for a fact...LOL...

i also PM you with some of my personal thoughts on the chassis side of this..which addresses the $30,000 in parts :?: ..i just wanted to share this with you in private cause i got respect for your profession and you and do not want anything taken out of context by anyone...

you will freak when you here about the 'NATIONALLY " KNOWN chassis builder taking 40k from some PRO-MOD boys from ALABAMA and a year and 1/2 later no car and no parts....ohhhh yeahhhh this gets real good..
and we ain't talking about no 'Tooties'; race cars neither..this is BIG NAME !!!!!

see the pm i sent.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-21-2007, 07:19 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

ED---I AM A BUILDER OF HOUSES AND BUILDINGS FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND THE BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2 PROFFESSIONS[CONSTRUCTION AND CARS ]IS THE HOUSES ARE ON SOMEONE ELSES PROPERTY / THE CARS ARE IN YOUR PROPERTY-POSSESION ALREADY---ALSO IN MY STATE IF YOU START A CONTRACT YOU HAVE TO FINISH WETHER YOU GET PAID COMPLETELY OR NOT OR YOU CAN'T GO TO COURT AND GET ANYTHING---------IN THE RACING BUSINESS YOU HAVE THE VEHICLE IN YOUR POSSESION[NO PAY /NO CAR]---APPLES AND ORANGES NOT THE SAME, SORRY---NO BAD FEELINGS JUST SOME TRUE INFO
Old 05-21-2007, 07:28 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

B-Juice: Reher-Morrison has those 565 HR engines setting on the shelf thats why you pay when you pick it up. When rebuilding an engine you will pay money up front.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -