Repeat sellers no Honor

Old 02-02-2008, 06:53 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

lively- I agree 100%. I am a CRJ member for several years now with a Honor Member status as a Gold Member. Have not sold enought to make the necessay honor payments to reach that power seller point yet. I don't always make a honor payment when I sell, but keep track and make a bigger payment a couple times a year.

tporter- If I had 2 free ads and 3 additional adds, then I would have 2 ads that would only allow me to post 1 photo with 3 that post photo galleries. All 5 of my ads allow for full photo gallery meaning that all my ads are no longer the "free ad" as advertised but 5 paid upgraded ads. It is the best $50 I spend each year.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:56 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I pay my membership also and honor payments when I sold stuff 2 years ago haven't sold since.BTW I am a Power Seller also

All I do is "try" to run the forum here and when I get bored go look at the adds,but lately I am missing my add time looking. :P

I agree with you Shawn tho,but I bet what it cost to be a member here and sell its ALOT cheaper than just ONE sale on ebay,but I don't go there either just what I heard.I also do like you do I keep a log of parts that I sold and at the end or the beginning of each year I would make a donation or honor member payment,that has worked for me fine,and had no trouble doing it either,but I call and do that sort of business action as I don't trust online transactions.

Thats why we get alot of the basic members because RJ allows them to sell for years on end for free they don't follow up on who's selling what would be my guess,but I could be wrong tho.Thats why this happens so much every day"Its allowed" the basic members that have several accounts and 2 adds a day for FREE. I am sure alot of basic members have made a tremendous paper trail over the years here at RJ,and I would think that could be a binding contract.

But i am glad not all members are this way,it only takes a few that scam people and are not honest or honor paying members to ruin it for others.
We'll get through this I am sure there is light around the turn.

But I can tell you I have seen in the past CRJ members newly joined like one week(New Member) and have a 5 star feedback and they have tried to run scams selling items way below what they are worth,thats a cheap investment for them including buying a track phone from walmart,to make thier scam complete,but you have to be wise and use better judgement,as we all know your not going to buy a brand new harley for $6500 not when they cost $30,000,these type people want you to overnite a deposit to hold the bike,say $1000.00 thats a quick scam and you never hear from them again,when they invest maybe $100 bucks to pull some thing like this off,people need to be aware.

And No I'd say if you are a CRJ member and have made some honor payments I don't think RJ would be a bean counter,I would possibly guess if you thought what it was worth to sell here,that would be close enough,But any thing is better than nothing,thats the way I look at it,considering there are many that gave NOTHING
Old 02-02-2008, 07:06 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

You hit my point dead on. It is the 80/20 rule that applies to the business concept. A business does not survive off of the 80 percent of potential customers that spend 20 percent of their money with them but the 20 percent that spend 80 percent of their money with them. Like you said, it is that small percent of the CRJ members and those that do make honor payments that leave the lights on for the larger percent of basic members that sell everything they own here and never pay a dime.

As you can tell with my responses that it bothers me to support people that cannot show you any appreciation. Like I tell the boys, there is a big difference between expectation and appreciation.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:11 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

"""""there is a big difference between expectation and appreciation"""""

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LIVELY
Old 02-02-2008, 07:57 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DragsterJosh
I know that I am going to get bashed here, but here I go anyways.

First I love this site 100% its my favorite site on the web.

I am a club member, have been for a while.

I do alot of trading on here, but I dont see any reason to make an honor payment on a trade. The way I see it I pay to use your classifieds whether I sell / trade or whatever.

I dont think I have ever sold any thing on here worth making an honor payment for. I have bought about $20,000 worth of stuff and the people I have bought from didnt make honor payments.

I do love this site, and I have met alot of great people on here to wheel and deal with, but if its an issue than raise the membership price and call it a day.

anyhow, I hope everyone has a great weekend....
LOL there is not going to be any bashing here in this thread or call outs,we are all here to learn,including me,I'd personally like to see this thread do some more brain storming here,We all can learn some thing from this,including Racing Junk,this is good feedback I am sure,so lets try and keep it positive here,there is only STRENGTH in numbers and boys have we come along ways here in the forum and since RJ has started,Now thats positive.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:57 AM
racingfitter
SHOW GUEST

Here is a problem with the honor payments. Its with paypal and I just relized this. I made a honor payment the other day and it didn't show on my account and evidently will not.Here is the deal, I use a email address for RJ and others so when i get a reply in my email I know where it came, but my paypal is differant , so I dont think it is getting counted towards the right account. When you go to the homepage and click honor payments on the top banner and hit paypal I don't see anywhere to let RJ know where it actaully came from.I know RJ is getting the money and it didn't bother me unless someone thinks I'm trying to beat the system here.
As far as the membership is concerned, RJ gives you value points to use. I just used $40.00 in RJ value points to upgrade two adds, so if you actually use the value points the price for a membership is a wash.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:52 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry for your inconvience,but this is what I was talking about in previous posts,I make a call and talk to a real peron to take care of these transactions as I don't trust them online pay pal buttons and credit card paying places online.
Call RJ with your info and get your account updated as you speak to them,call PJ 1-413-66-3496 and get it sorted out.Pick up the phone
Old 02-03-2008, 07:38 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by racingfitter
Here is a problem with the honor payments. Its with paypal and I just relized this. I made a honor payment the other day and it didn't show on my account and evidently will not.Here is the deal, I use a email address for RJ and others so when i get a reply in my email I know where it came, but my paypal is differant , so I dont think it is getting counted towards the right account. When you go to the homepage and click honor payments on the top banner and hit paypal I don't see anywhere to let RJ know where it actaully came from.I know RJ is getting the money and it didn't bother me unless someone thinks I'm trying to beat the system here.
As far as the membership is concerned, RJ gives you value points to use. I just used $40.00 in RJ value points to upgrade two adds, so if you actually use the value points the price for a membership is a wash.

i know you have a valid point with what you are saying...i haven't sold anything on here in a good while..but when i did i had 2 honor payments not show up by using the 'CLKICK HERE BUTTON"....so only a portion of my honor payments are showing,,, :roll: :?: ...but racing junk did get the money..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-03-2008, 11:53 AM
racingfitter
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
Sorry for your inconvience,but this is what I was talking about in previous posts,I make a call and talk to a real peron to take care of these transactions as I don't trust them online pay pal buttons and credit card paying places online.
Call RJ with your info and get your account updated as you speak to them,call PJ 1-413-66-3496 and get it sorted out.Pick up the phone
You may of taken my post wrong. I am not worried if I have another point added or not. I just brought up the paypal deal so that others that didn't know now do. I was not inconvienced, no need to be sorry.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:22 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Ive been A member of this site for A VERY long time I had made my Honor payments way before the member rating even was in place .I make Honor payments even if I trade due to the fact that if it was not for RJ I wouldnt have been able to make the transaction .For all that say they pay their membership dues thats great but those dues Only allow you to post more ads & pics it doesnt give you the rite to not make an Honor payment . As for paying them with Pay Pal it can sometimes take up to 21 days for it to effect your member rating I did that once . Alot of people feel that since they pay their 6.95/month or 49.95/year their entitled to do what ever they want WRONG

Just my 2cents but its how I feel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -