Anyone ever had THIS experience ??

Old 05-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

It took over a minute before someone turned off the master cutoff switch...at least it looked like it
Old 05-21-2009, 05:02 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

I agree with you all, but what I saw was the driver get out nice and cool and HE or SHE (the driver) did not turn off the master cut off switch. That very same person is likely the one whom plumbed the gem! The track guys are often volunteers and sure gave it a whirl with what they knew. BUT THE DRIVER WATCHED THE WHOLE THING! HMMMMMMMMMMM...
Probably a good thing the car wasn't fast and managed to get off the starting line, the next problem may have been further down track.
Bruce
Old 05-21-2009, 09:17 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Holy Sh_t. No halon system, aye?

That poor guy has to totally rebuild his car. What a bummer. Glad he did not get hurt.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:55 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Napoleon shouldnt be using nitrous.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:13 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

As I am an engine only kind a guy, can a nitrous engine 'run on' when the ignition is off under certain circumstances ?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:39 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
As I am an engine only kind a guy, can a nitrous engine 'run on' when the ignition is off under certain circumstances ?
Just till the wiring melts, I don't know about you guys, but the last thing I'm going to do is run into a fire to turn out the lights. Let it burn.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:41 AM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

question i always had can the mitrous ignite inside the tubing and go back inside the bottle makin a bomb like efect
Old 05-22-2009, 08:47 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I think the bottle pressure would prevent that from happening,be like a torch, but anything can and will happen :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 05-27-2009, 06:06 AM
hilldale
SENIOR BUILDER

Default 4th of july

wow what a grand finale. looks like the throttle stuck,the engine stalled but nitrous kept coming. i am also thinking his bottle pressure was up to high. the main thing is he got out. i give the safety crew a 5. they should put that in the safety videos out there- do's and dont's. hey there ya go fellas start another web sight, will call it high intense explosions. oh there i go again, just what we need another special interest group. ha ha talk to you guys soon. p.s hey mark glad to here your o.k man.