Quadrajet stumble

Old 05-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
. IF YOUR GONNA PITCH YA GOTTA BE ABLE TO CATCH. )
That don't sound too good. :?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 PM
justin45
SENIOR BUILDER

yea so see if u wouldnt have made that remark i wouldnt have had to make that other remark.. so if ur gonna be pullin someones chain dont do it so hard.. theres a point in friendly joking and pisssing someone off
Old 05-19-2009, 01:27 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

YA TOD, I KNOW, HAD TO DUST THAT ONE OFF, ITS AN OLD ONE BUT KINDA THOUGHT IT FIT THE SITUATION. :roll:
Old 05-19-2009, 05:16 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Ok i like smack talking and fully support it...but lets Rip on each other...ain't no-body's wife's ,fathers,mothers,..or HEMRROIDS got nothing to do with this here Forum.....

lets keep it all on the table..ok Guys !

Thanks

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-19-2009, 05:23 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

HEMRROIDS :shock: :shock: YA DONT WANTA RIP ON HEMRROIDS :cry: :cry:
Old 05-19-2009, 10:07 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bowhay
ok well thats good but now that its done with

back to the problem at hand
and rochester q-jets they are vacume secondary, there is a lil rod that connects the vacume pump on the carb to the back barrels, and it is how u control when the barrels open
maybe iti got bent a lil more than it should be
idk just an idea
it happened to mine before i went holley
Bowhay, actually there is a adjustment on a spring that controls the opening rate of the air valves ( the top set of butterflies) the bottom butterflies are mechanical, just like a holley double pumper, but the top set of butterflies (the air valves) control how much air that goes into the secondaries and how fast, its a bitch to set the spring properly trust me - you just have to play with it.
Too tight and they take to long to open up causing poor performance, too loose and they open to fast causing a bad bog but then takes off, sounds like yours are to loose.

And that pull off is associated with the choke, its needs full manifold vacuum on that hose, it disables the rear air valves till the choke has fully opened, if its not working or has a leak, the air valves may not open at all or open when the engine to cold to handle that volume of air.

Goodluck, Cp
Old 05-27-2009, 08:08 PM
hilldale
SENIOR BUILDER

Default hemrroids

you talk hemrroids, oh man i was takin a justin the other day on the bowl, and i coughed and tore one of those babys. man o man. i was bleeding bowhays.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:02 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

[/quote] Bowhay, actually there is a adjustment on a spring that controls the opening rate of the air valves ( the top set of butterflies) the bottom butterflies are mechanical, just like a holley double pumper, but the top set of butterflies (the air valves) control how much air that goes into the secondaries and how fast, its a bitch to set the spring properly trust me - you just have to play with it.
Too tight and they take to long to open up causing poor performance, too loose and they open to fast causing a bad bog but then takes off, sounds like yours are to loose.

And that pull off is associated with the choke, its needs full manifold vacuum on that hose, it disables the rear air valves till the choke has fully opened, if its not working or has a leak, the air valves may not open at all or open when the engine to cold to handle that volume of air.

Goodluck, Cp[/quote]

This is 100% correct. Due to the lack of a rear acc pump, you have to rely on the secondary circuits to pull the fuel. When his vacuum line was off, he went to a huge lean position, causing the hesitation.
I have been sucessful in running without the vacuum pod but tightening the spring on the upper butterflys. You had to be above 3500 to go WOT.
Dave
Old 06-05-2009, 06:38 AM
justin45
SENIOR BUILDER

wow hilldale that was really lame....... :?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by justin45
wow hilldale that was really lame....... :?
x2 :lol: