Talking about insults!!

Old 12-20-2009, 04:23 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shybx1969
All i can say is im glad i have you experienced guys to ask ????? about drag racing equipment/whats good/not so good/because ide be totally lost on trades/purchases without your knowledge/experience/on the subject of racing!!!! Ive learned that the world of hot rodding and drag racing parts/stuff,can be very diff...thanx brett
You're right and you will get some good info on the RJ forum as well as some other forums. In many cases if you ask a local racer he'll give you a bunch of BS. Can't lie I've been known to tell somebody (or let them think) something different that what I actually run, but on the forum I give somebody an honest answer.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:49 AM
nemesisracing
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by shawnp
Rudy,

With all th BS that we have seen come on this forum lately and the lack of moderation in membership, I understand your quick response to the guy.

Guys I will be real honest here. The trend in this forum lately has really been to the corporate side. When I first registered here years back, this site was a place were those in the racing and performance industry could buy and sell without problems. There was no BS pop ups and no banners to try to negotiate around. The site has gone from a very respected classified site to nothing more than an internet swap meet. You have to be able to tolerate the garbage to find the good stuff. The only thing that has been a great positive growth have been the forums.
As far as the forumns section, it is nothing more than a political gripe site anymore... As far as this being an online swap meet, I couldn't have said that better myself!!! This was once a fun website where there was a "brotherhood" and "sisterhood" of motor heads that could compare notes, share experiences, and buy/sell. Now it seems if you vote for a Democrat then you are CLEARLY out of the "group" on this site. JMO
Old 12-21-2009, 04:38 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by nemesisracing
Rudy,

With all th BS that we have seen come on this forum lately and the lack of moderation in membership, I understand your quick response to the guy.

Guys I will be real honest here. The trend in this forum lately has really been to the corporate side. When I first registered here years back, this site was a place were those in the racing and performance industry could buy and sell without problems. There was no BS pop ups and no banners to try to negotiate around. The site has gone from a very respected classified site to nothing more than an internet swap meet. You have to be able to tolerate the garbage to find the good stuff. The only thing that has been a great positive growth have been the forums.
As far as the forumns section, it is nothing more than a political gripe site anymore... As far as this being an online swap meet, I couldn't have said that better myself!!! This was once a fun website where there was a "brotherhood" and "sisterhood" of motor heads that could compare notes, share experiences, and buy/sell. Now it seems if you vote for a Democrat then you are CLEARLY out of the "group" on this site. JMO
maybe thats why I dont vote...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-21-2009, 05:53 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by nemesisracing
Rudy,

Do you read the same stuff I do here ? huh I thought we shared a lot of good info around here ...
Old 12-21-2009, 06:23 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

dont know where this political sitr comes from evrybody has an opinion and well this is america and the will differ but from what ive seen theres some political veiws stated for the most was in good humor/ribbing and if some one cant see it for what it is then maybe(jmo) lossen up lots of great info is passed along in all areas and good deeds done in scammer watch so just relax and see the humor for what it is and have fun
Old 12-21-2009, 06:53 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I agree, there is WAY to much political venting/party bashing going on in here.

This site is set up to help people & for us 'true' racingjunkies to do some benchracing.

C'mon on guys and gals.....

Please leave your political views and opinions at the door.

JMO>Cp
Old 12-21-2009, 07:06 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Let the numbers speak;

14 sections total,

12 dedicated to specific car parts,
1 dedicated to misc issues,
1 dedicated to specific 'issues' other than racing.........
Old 12-21-2009, 09:05 AM
nemesisracing
JUNIOR BUILDER

I haven't posted on this site for a year just because of that very reason. At one time, you could post anything about your car/hobby and get a wealth of valuable information pertaining to just that.....I miss the good ole days of this site.

Originally Posted by cepx111
I agree, there is WAY to much political venting/party bashing going on in here.

This site is set up to help people & for us 'true' racingjunkies to do some benchracing.

C'mon on guys and gals.....

Please leave your political views and opinions at the door.

JMO>Cp
Old 12-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
dont know where this political sitr comes from evrybody has an opinion and well this is america and the will differ but from what ive seen theres some political veiws stated for the most was in good humor/ribbing and if some one cant see it for what it is then maybe(jmo) lossen up lots of great info is passed along in all areas and good deeds done in scammer watch so just relax and see the humor for what it is and have fun
Well said. We all care a great deal about our country... & happen to be all gear heads. I have seen threads about everything here... I can choose to reply/ignore/etc... it's all good. The website has to make some money somehow & have tabs/pop-ups. You are all still my brethren/sistren. Merry Christmas!! Scoot