Line Locks

Old 03-17-2008, 11:10 AM
face
APPRENTICE

Default Line Locks

I have line locks installed on Vega. They don't hold very well.. Any advice on the best way to install them ? How the lines should run.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 11:51 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

will it hold any at all?
Old 03-17-2008, 12:26 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Line locks

I had trouble with the front brakes holding on my Vega when I installed a line lock. I built a low pressure bleeder and bled the brakes again and it worked fine. It is hard to get all the air out with just pumping and bleeding. The low pressure bleed doesn't compress the air in the line and allows it to be purged.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:31 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

could be air in the line... or wired backwards if the tires are turning.
skinny fronts tires with big rear tire cars, can push the front tires through the beams when stalled against the converter....
Old 03-17-2008, 05:52 PM
topcat572
MASTER BUILDER

Default lock

Its been a while, but I used a stage gauge {pressure} and pumped the brakes while holding the button down. The gauge lets You know whats happening on the brake side. :lol:
Old 04-09-2008, 07:26 AM
sc3314
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Brakes

Just try pumping the brakes a few times to get the line pressure up. Then set the line lock this may help. Or pressure bleed the system to make sure the air is out.

Do you have a pressure valve installed on the rear brakes?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Pressure bleeding is the best but if you dont have one just take your time bleeding DONT PUMP PEDAL RAPIDLY just pump them slowly then open bleeder, I do it with a vac pump hooked to the farthest bleeder away from the master,then next farthest away,and so on working slowly and it works great! David,good luck.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:34 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

It's not wired backwards.You're dealing with DC not AC voltage.Polarity doesn't matter on a DC solenoid,and that's all a line lock is.Just like an electric fan for a radiator.Wanna mount it on the other side and reverse it.Reverse the polarity and it'll turn the other way.As long as the blades are pitched to be reversible.You're wiring is fine
Old 06-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Pdmracing
CRAFTSMAN

I have the same problem on my monza, when i pulled the pads last nite they were glazed like glass, I replaced 7 turned rotors, ill let you know if it works this weekend.