Is anything selling these days?

Old 06-08-2020, 07:48 AM
stalmq
SHOW GUEST

Unhappy Is anything selling these days?

I've had my bracket racing car for sale on here since October of last year with little to no serious interest.
  • I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same slow sales?
  • Is it slow because of Caronavirus?
  • Maybe I'm overpriced?
  • Anyone selling anything?
  • Anyone interested in a solid bracket car?
Old 06-09-2020, 05:25 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

I have sold a few race items on Craig's List over the winter and spring. I have sold over 150 items on Racing Junk over the years, mainly carburetors I have rebuilt, but also 2 race cars. I hear Facebook Market Place is the new go to place to sell car parts. I do think that once race tracks come back to normal, parts sales will improve, but that may be next season. Race cars are a tough sale anytime. It depends on what you car is and what the condition of the components and of course price. A Chevrolet will sell easier than any other brand. What is your car and combination? Racing Junk ad #?
Old 06-09-2020, 05:30 AM
stalmq
SHOW GUEST

Ad# 183974791
Old 06-11-2020, 01:47 PM
rcarbuilder
SHOW GUEST

Sales? Real no scam buyers? The car hobby is on life support.
Old 06-16-2020, 04:57 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

I looked at your ad, Not much to complain about. Good pictures, lots of high quality parts, well thought out and sorted out. If I wanted a 10 second car, yours would be a good choice. I even like the body style and color. Price seems reasonable.

Are you not getting any calls at all? Anyone interested but not at that price? Where else have you advertised it? Facebook Marketplace?

Old 06-16-2020, 05:34 AM
stalmq
SHOW GUEST

A few calls and tire kickers, but nothing serious. Some are interested until they find out the asking price, they seem to think I'm giving it away I guess! It's not the "run of the mill" bracket car for $15K. I've had it on eBay, Facebook, and here since October of last year. My main reason in writing to the forum is to find out if anyone else is selling anything similar and for how much. Just trying to gauge if nothing is selling, or I'm overpriced?
Old 02-19-2021, 03:17 AM
luckey
SHOW GUEST

It's always a fine line for what you think something is worth and what you can sell it for. The best parts in the world do not guarantee a higher return on your investment.
You see the same cars for sale for months and when you don't, did they sell? or just get covered up in the back of the garage. Drag racing had a good run but things are not the same. I'm sure that statement will stir things up, but its true. Just like the Model T and A, they were hotter than a firecracker for years. In todays market they are a so, so purchase. Why? Because the people who were interested in them are long gone. I'm in my 70's, I know what I'm talking about. My Super/Gas car sold in hours back in 2002. If I owned it today? who knows. There is a diverse form of entertainment today and racing in general has been taking a back seat to other things.

Last edited by luckey; 02-19-2021 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:34 AM
eerode
Banned
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by stalmq View Post
I've had my bracket racing car for sale on here since October of last year with little to no serious interest.
Originally Posted by stalmq View Post
  • I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same slow sales?
  • Is it slow because of Caronavirus?
  • Maybe I'm overpriced?
  • Anyone selling anything?
  • Anyone interested in a solid bracket car?
  • Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

I have sold over 150 items on Racing Junk over the years, mainly carburetors I have rebuilt, but also 2 race cars.

Last edited by eerode; 06-04-2021 at 02:27 AM.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:44 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

I still keep 5 ads on Racing Junk all the time. Mostly parts I have bought and not used or some of my friends good parts they don't need. Mild success. I have 1 new engine and one rebuilt engine on now. I have had calls about details. Mostly guys looking for Procharger type grudge stuff.

I also keep ads on Craigs list for parts I don't want to ship. I sell some engine parts, carbs and engine oil on there too.

Right now I get more response on Facebook Marketplace. A few sales to Puerto Rico too. USPS flat rate boxes and USPS money orders work for there. Marketplace also lets you post on other buy and sell car/ racing groups. I am on 10 groups right now thru Marketplace.

All you can do is have good pictures, a detail description and be priced where a buyer will contact you instead of Jegs or Summit.