what head for twin turbo 557 bbc, -3 extra oval, or afr 357

Old 09-23-2007, 02:14 PM
badbug3
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default what head for twin turbo 557 bbc, -3 extra oval, or afr 357

after studying for so long trying to figure out what new combination to build for serious receational and drag boat application ive come up with the only engine that would make the torque and it was a twin turbo engine. I just couldnt find the torque needed for this boat in a normally aspirated engine without having to go to a 700 cubic inch motor which would be too expensive. Driveability was a big concern and a blower on gas was out as the height of the motor and noise of the belt and exhaust would not be desirable. I cant believe the torque numbers a turbo engine makes so i have decided to build around a 557 bbc for turbo. wHAT WOULD BE THE IDEAL HEAD FOR THIS, BRODIX -3 EXTRA OVAL PORT OR THE AFR 335 or 357? Iv also read where one engine builder used only the -4 brodix for all of their blown and turboed engines. If you look at the flow numbers advertised by brodix, that -4 does not compart with the -3 or afr.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:22 AM
ProStreet427TT
SHOW GUEST

I'm in the process of building a TT 604 Dart for my street/strip car & i'm only using RHS 360cc cnc heads.