Finally, my first run ever......I could have jogged faster!!

Old 07-23-2009, 04:10 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks for asking Rudy. I hope this isn't out of place here.

Well back in March of '08 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Non cancerious thank God. Well they put me on chemo medication and it worked for awhile but after my latest blood work and MRI there have been no more improvements. Also along with the side effects of the meds, mood swings, short temper, can't focus on tasks at hand, and just recently double vision they decided on surgery. The tumor is attached to the pituitary gland. It is a little smaller than a golf ball. They will go up my nose and through my sinuses to get to it so as not to disturb any brain tissue.
Surgery is on 9-14-09 will be at home for 2 weeks and racing is done till next year.

Sorry to ramble. And I hope this was OK. Thanks
Old 07-23-2009, 04:21 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Beast that post could never be out of line!! Thanks for sharing such a personal issue with us. We'll be thinking about you until you're safe and back on RJ bs'ing with us again. I know it's a ways off, but please somehow let us know you're ok after the surgery. Afterall we are your racing family!!

Scott,
aka Rabbit.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:50 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Beast477

Sorry to hear of your upcoming surgery, but glad you are getting it fixed before it gets worse. Prayers for you and yours.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:04 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Thoughts and prayers, Beast.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:35 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Beast, we will be praying for you, your family and the surgeons.
Dave
Old 07-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Good luck to you BEAST.

REGARDING the broken key.If I remember right it was aluminum...it just broke the tip off. The electric fuel pump quit in the staging lanes and I crawled under the dash and found the fuse blown..one of the old glass fuses. I just reached up over my head and pulled the key from ignition to pop the fuse out....I was only 19 or 20 yrs old and I had Driven the car to the track, which was a half hour drive. Had to call my dad to come get me and he didn't know where the track was exactly. ops: I had like 4 keys made the next day.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
my first time was in 1973. in a 69 roadrunner with a 4 speed. shakin on the insides so bad i almost lost my supper, then when i got up to the lights i rolled out to far thru that baby in reverse and backed up. lights go to work i had that car screamin and dropped the clutch oh shi- im still in reverse!!thank god nobody was behind me cause i would have run them over.the guys in the tower laughed like hell at me the crowd laughed at me, i felt like a REAL dumba$$.lolall i could do was shut her off and get out and take a bow.
ROFLMAO
Old 07-24-2009, 10:59 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

My first pass on a Trans break car, orange light up, I took my foot off the break, and didnt go anywhere. I looked down at my hand still holding the button, looked up at the green, looked back to my havd before I let go. I had a 1.3 sec RT, lucky for me the guy next to me red lit.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:41 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

This thread is worth a 1,000 laughs no doubt. The one thing I like about bs'n with you guys is everybody on here has a good personality and doesn't mind being laugh at! So many people can't handle that anymore.
Trust me, any more it seems like I'm a retard at least 2 or 3 times a week!
Tod I laugh everytime I think about your post and Outlaw in reverse LOL. but don't worry, I've seen that happen before on a country road. The guy backed all the way into a ditch before he got stopped!!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Rudy your bad day at the track was still better than the day you spent with your finger trapped in the door lock whole wasn't it?

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...t=finger+stuck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -