wtf is up with schools

Old 09-25-2012, 07:41 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

Default wtf is up with schools

the school my son goes to is adding a big school wifi system and are hinting that parents have to go out and get the kids wifi so they can do there school work. they have been going more and more towards doing everything on line and the last couple yrs math class he had to have a fancy calculator. told him one day to do his math the "old fashion way" he couldnt because they taught them to do it with a calculator and not long hand. wtf. these schools imo are screwing the kids so bad if the dont have a computer or printer or calculator or some other techno tool they cant function.hell they give home work that can only be done on line and i think its B.S. sorry for the rant but needed to vent ps he isnt even in high school
Old 09-26-2012, 03:49 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

id be at the next parent teachers meeting .give them the damn bill for one. this world is going to shi# because we are letting them do what the hell ever. time to stop this crap. if they dont or wont teach them then its up to the parents to do it.become invovled with what they are doing. or you might have a kid that can do anything without a computer.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:16 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

Times are a changing! They don't stay the same just because you want them too.
The kids do, and will, learn different things/ways than we did. I'm sure you want better for your children than what you had, like the rest of us! I assume you have dial up now. I don't think wifi is all that much more to help further your children's education, they will thank you later. Unfortunately, now days if you don't keep up you will fall by the wayside.
And there is always home and private schools if the current school system don't work for ya!

JMO,
Good luck in your endeavour!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:51 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by 482
Times are a changing! They don't stay the same just because you want them too.
The kids do, and will, learn different things/ways than we did. I'm sure you want better for your children than what you had, like the rest of us! I assume you have dial up now. I don't think wifi is all that much more to help further your children's education, they will thank you later. Unfortunately, now days if you don't keep up you will fall by the wayside.
And there is always home and private schools if the current school system don't work for ya!

JMO,
Good luck in your endeavour!
i think ya missed the point and no id dont have dial up i have wifi. my points are as follows.
A. they are talking about adding to schools supplies a wifi device like a tablet lap top ect (even a smart phone)
B. if ya dont know how to do math with out a 100+ texas insterment calcularor how are ya gonna servive the real world.
C.i dont have a problem with them teaching computer tech class or what ever they call it yr to yr but when your english paper is looked up and printed verbatum from a web site (per instrucrions) no actual writing or anything how is that learning?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:26 AM
EXPERT BUILDER

I probably couldn't do half the stuff WITH a calculator that they do now.
I raised 4 girls and it seems like they all learned differently. And by the way our county school supplied a laptop (macbook) to the students to use at home and school.
I am not arguing with you, it's your kids, just saying that is the way it is now, like or not.
Not being a smart ass but again, there is always home school!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:08 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

I had to use a slide rule in school. Anyone else do that?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Slide rule :?: :shock: :shock: What's that :lol: :lol: Just kidding :!: :!:

Mark
Old 09-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well boys, I hear all of ya on this subject... it is also the schools cutting back on things too. Less teaching/less labor needed. Public schools cut many programs... I had "auto-shop"... kiss that goodbye. Hell, some schools are going to 4 day weeks & longer spring/fall vacations too.

All of this means you have 3 choices. Home school, Private school, or Public. As much as the tuition is for private school, I pay it every month & give up other things to afford it. It is painful... but I know it is the right thing for my kids... the public school here has EIGHT Kindergarten class alone!!!! NO THANKS.

Tough subject. No God in public School???? get in a scrap & the cops come to press assault charges??? Bring a Lego action figure gun to school & get expelled??? REALLY??? Metal detectors to come inside??? I pay good money for private school cuz I am not a very good teacher myself; my kids would be in trouble if I had to home school them! LOL!! I have to grin & bear it.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:09 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by oldandtired
I THINK I WAS SMACKED WITH ONE A TIME OR TWO. :P
Old 09-27-2012, 04:21 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
Originally Posted by oldandtired
I THINK I WAS SMACKED WITH ONE A TIME OR TWO. :P
thats what i was thinking too ... i been chocked out by a few teachers too cause i was fighting in the halls ..... they cant do that shit now .... lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -