Woodsman's 66 Nova

Old 05-12-2007, 06:59 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

that is the fuel pump i run wes///AWESOME FUEL PUMP////

i was wondering something here..if you haven't already ordered your regulator you might want to speak with someone on the BOOST referenced regulator. it will increase or decrease you fuel based on the levels of boost being generated..i know areomotive makes one but i am un-sure of magnafuel..and also unsure if areomotive will be compatiable with magnafuel....the MSD6 BTM with the eternal control knob is a good deal on that car also....

please do not take what i am saying as critical..i am only throwing some ideas at you that maybe you have not thought of etc..
you have DONE an AMAZING job so far....

can't wait to see how that bad boy runs..

oh yeah i must have missed this somewhere...what is the base line HP AND TQ and what do you estimate it will make with the huffer in place and how much boost will you run ????

have you ever thought of intercooling it ?...30% or more HP at the pedal all of the time..would take the place and far exceed the 75 shot of NOS..which i assume your doing this just to cool the fuel for a densor charge at initial blow thru.......shoot man the intercooler will do this for you and much much and reliable and safer
are you famailer with the ibterdooler set up...you can go air to air,,air to water...etc.......

thanks brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-12-2007, 10:20 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian I am getting a boost referenced regulator from Magnafuel also part # MP-9833-B. As for a intercooler I am going to run it like this for now and maybe later when I get my money back together and buy Mama a few things around the house I may buy one and install it. Really the only reason that I am going with the NOS is because I already have it in the car. I am going with a Digital -7 programmable ignition to reference the boost and timing. I am going to see if my car will hold this and if it does I will put some more on it till it want take anymore. Wesley
Old 05-21-2007, 02:57 PM
knova70
SENIOR BUILDER

Real nice car! if it doesn't run the #'s you want,then its time to get blown,I got mine to run a 5.28 @ 135 in the 1/8 at 20lbs of boost and it weights almost 3200lbs with my big self in it,rebuilding the motor right now,keep on busting stock blocks so I bought a aluminum bowtie race block on here,hope it helps on the breaking of blocks.let us know what it runs?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:53 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by knova70
Real nice car! if it doesn't run the #'s you want,then its time to get blown,I got mine to run a 5.28 @ 135 in the 1/8 at 20lbs of boost and it weights almost 3200lbs with my big self in it,rebuilding the motor right now,keep on busting stock blocks so I bought a aluminum bowtie race block on here,hope it helps on the breaking of blocks.let us know what it runs?
knova70 I am going to be getting my procharger from race parts direct in about ten days and my blow through carb will be here in about 3 days. I also have my fuel system coming in about five days and my car should be going in the shop at the end of this week so I am very happy that things are starting to move forward. I will be happy with the numbers that you stated in your post thats a good respectable rush so will be looking forward to that. Wesley
[/quote]
Old 05-23-2007, 09:32 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

that is on sweet a#@ kicking nova you've built there.my hat is off to you.congrat 8)
Old 05-28-2007, 10:10 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Well I am getting closer to getting my hotrod back on the road an track. The orange car that you see in the first photo is Mike Starr's that is doing all the work on my car. He has bought all of the running gear that was in my car to put in his and also said that he is going to out run me with my old parts. If he does I will cry like a baby after Vicki stops beating me with a big stick. Well I have to say it the big block sure looks good in that small spot. It would not fit at first but Mike cut and cut and it when right in. As for now we are just waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive this week so we can move to the next phase of the build. Wesley
Old 06-07-2007, 05:19 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

I found out today that my trans is not fitting in the tunnel so Mike is going to have to cut it out and rebuild that too. So i guess i will have to ask slowman to lend me some money so i can finished this project. I guess it don't always go the way you think standing by the car saying lets do this and that. I feel like I am learning to much at one time. Wesley
Old 06-07-2007, 05:37 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i am not surprised with hearing the tranny deal...

listen Wes can i give you some good advise here ??.......man if you can go ahead and get him to cut out your stock tranny tunnel and go ahead and put back a removable aluminum tunnel of some sort...

i know right now (money is going out faster then coming in) and you might shrug your shoulders at this cause it might take a few hundred more...but trust me..the 1st time you have to drop that tranny cause a input shaft or something broke you will be glad you spent the extra 200/300....If he has a plasma cutter he can carve that tunnel out as pretty as you please...they make preformed aluminum tunnels you can buy for cheap...zeus fasten that bad boy down..and you will have top side access to it at all times.....

trust me if you ever have to remove a tranny from the bottom in a tight space..you will pay 3,000 at the time to be able to remove it from the top...just give this some thought...if it will not cost but a few hundred more for goodness sakes DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...i mean even when you make up your tranny lines place a quick dis-connect right before the tranny lines go into the side of the tranny...i went to a local hydraulic and fitting store and i purchased 2 push locks with the female coupler for under $10.00.....if you NEED ME TO GET YOU THE SAME SET UP I WILL AND MAIL IT TO YOU...jegs advertise a fancy set up for $60.00 plus shipping.....

its easy to install,,i would recommend using the black cotton tweed hose..it works great with these push locks....i am assuming your running a tranny cooler..these quick disconnects are life savers when removing a tranny....

remember when putting something like you have together..try to fabricate everything that will be friendly to you when you have to work on one......i share this with you from some past painful mistakes i have made.

Brian

Old 06-07-2007, 05:50 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian who sells the preformed aluminum tunnels you can buy for cheap. Because that sounds like the ticket Mike that is doing the work is doing his best to keep it looking ready for a show.So this would help a bunch and like you say working on it later. Hey thanks for the advice. Wesley
Old 06-07-2007, 06:02 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

you can call up chassis engineering or (ART) applied racing technology...they have them in stock..they even have them in Jeggs catelog for $79.99....(PAGE 196)..The jeggs is NOT PREFORMED..but they may carry a pre-formed..i know thr other companies do...IT'S A SIMPLE FIX FOR YOU NOW AND LATER

he might have to bend up the edges of where he cut out the factory tunnel or pop rivetsome typr of L-SHAPE lip to where the tunnel has a spot to catch the zeus fastener...if you are thr least little bit mechanically inclined its a simple job..i have done several of them....

Good luck here..i am glad to save someone future headaches and boy are you talking about a Big ONE IF YOU EVER HAVE TO TAKE ONE OUT OF THE BOTTOM OF A STOCK LOCATION WITH A BIG BLOCK WHERE A SMALL BLOCK USE TO BE.....OHHHHH IT GIVES ME COLD CHILLS TO THINK ABOUT THAT JOB.....

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -