Wiring for an LS

Old 10-16-2010, 05:09 PM
ogles824
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Wiring for an LS

We are going to pull the motor out of our project show 1988 K5 Blazer to repair a leaking rear main seal and was thinking of doing some mods to it while we had it out. It is a TBI 350 and is the correct motor but not numbers matching so that opens the door to other options like just opting to change the whole thing our for a Corvette LS motor from EBay . I was told at a car show that there are wiring harnesses available out there that can be custom made to be "plug and play" for almost any application including ours so we can just set the motor in with it's computer and plug directly into our existing harness and be ready to go with no hassles. Can anybody point me in that direction????
Old 10-16-2010, 06:46 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

these guys should be able to help you. http://www.painlesswiring.com/webcatalog/index.php
Old 10-16-2010, 08:03 PM
ogles824
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Thanks mem, also I'm needing to know if I can bolt this engine to the 7R400 transmission without much hassle. I have contacted Painless Wiring to see if they have a harness that will let us run this engine trans combo. Also does the stock motor mounts work with the LS based motors or will I have to change those out too? If we go this route I'm sure I will buy new mounts because the ones that are on the Blazer are probably OEM and very old. I just need to know if I need to be looking at something different than what I have.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:21 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...explate+spacer
Old 10-16-2010, 08:22 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

was reading an article the other night in chevy hp, they said this is all you need, see above link. motor mount location is different, but adapters are avalable for conversion
Old 10-17-2010, 10:33 AM
ogles824
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Thanks again MEM, I have also shot an e-mail to Trans Dapt about motor mounts as well....I'll post the results when I get them.......
Old 10-27-2010, 03:45 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Im kinda leaning towards doing an LQ9 in a malibu as my next project. I have good access to well maintained one start with.