View Poll Results: would you try e85 in your race car.
yes
50.00%
no
50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

HAS ANYONE TRYED E85 YET?

Old 01-21-2007, 02:22 PM
jastone
SHOW GUEST

Default HAS ANYONE TRYED E85 YET?

we did last year work great.
'
we use a carb built by 007 out of wensville mo.

we were very consistant.

puting a dragster together now looking for some sponser's
Old 01-21-2007, 04:42 PM
nabit
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

The car I am building now I would love to setup for e85 but they don't sell it around here....
Old 01-22-2007, 02:59 PM
jastone
SHOW GUEST

e85 is 105-109 octane depending on summer or winter blend. it is more like e75-80 in the winter for easer starting. we burned this in our 13.5 to 1 engine with no problems with a header temp in the 1250s. we competed in mega bucks race last year and finshed in the top 15 all three days in st. louis. lost on light.

we made 3-4 dyno rear wheel pulls. we did lose some hp over methonal but bracket racing is about consistancy.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:09 AM
ProStreet427TT
SHOW GUEST

What is E85? Havn't heard of it over here.
We just have Avgas readily available locally. We can buy it off the pump at gas stations if you can produce a competition license but it is only between 100-104 octane because it is the old gas from the airfields. Me & my mates go straight out to the airfield and get it directly from the underground tanks; we have a BP card so we can use the pump which fuels the smaller airplanes & it is 110 octane minimum.
We arent supposed to use it on the street but heaps of people do.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:04 AM
jastone
SHOW GUEST

Default e85

e85 is america flex fuel. 85% ethonal and 15% unleaded gas.

it is the renewable fuel that is being produce in the midwest from corn.

gm ford and chysler are all on board developing new engines that can run on e85 or on unleaded fuel. running e85 makes more power so you use more fuel so the down side is that fuel mileage is decreased. about 20% how ever that is why e85 sould be 20- 25% less at the pump. some market realize this and market the price corect and other markets don't.

in my market they are tring to sell it at the same price as unleaded around 2 bucks a gallon. but with in 30 miles away it is as low as 1.75 to 1.85 a gallon.

http://www.e85fuel.com/index.php

try this web site it will tell you all the gas stations in the us that sell e85.

just press the link and choose to find e85 on the top right.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:17 PM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Mark Thomas, (IHRA Alcohol Funny Car) runs straight Ethanol and has won several points championships with it. I've tried several times to find a supplier of straight Ethanol here on the East coast to no avail.

I've heard some good things about it as opposed to Methanol. So I hear, it doesn't have as bad a corrosive problem as Methanol so it's eaiser on the fuel system.

I guess one day it will be available here and I'll get a chance to play with it. Until then I'm always on the lookout for some one selling in my area.

And BTW, E85 is just as hard to find also.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:48 PM
BryonM
SHOW GUEST

I have run straight ethanol (E98) 2 percent is to denature it. We run ethanol through a ron's terminator setup, super comp dragster 7.70 @175.

We get our fuel from Wyoming ethanol. They have been working with us for the past seven years.

The fuel is by far less maintanence, no need to drain the fuel or use top lube.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:24 AM
jastone
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by BryonM
I have run straight ethanol (E98) 2 percent is to denature it. We run ethanol through a ron's terminator setup, super comp dragster 7.70 @175.

We get our fuel from Wyoming ethanol. They have been working with us for the past seven years.

The fuel is by far less maintanence, no need to drain the fuel or use top lube.
how did you cantact the producer? I live 100 miles north of st. louis mo. In our area we are to get 4 to 6 ethonal planets. In the next year. 2 started ther production this last harvest and 4 more in the next 2 years. all less than 40 mile from were I live. they are to start producing around 100 milllion gallons per year per plant.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:57 PM
carson671
SHOW GUEST

ive got a freind over here that farms,he contacted the ethenol plant in south bend,IN and they said if he ran there sticker that they would ether cut the price on fuel or "sponser" him with fuel, sounds to me like they are really tring to get it out to the tracks.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:04 PM
jastone
SHOW GUEST

Default e 85

where in south bend is the plant. I lived in mishawaka when I atended IUSB. who is building his carb. just for information you cant just jet up a gas carb. it will not work.

I worked a Monaco coach in elkhart. In the paint shop.

where do you race? there seem like there was not very many tracks around one outside of elkhart and one north about 2.5 hours north then indy of corse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -