Tree Readers and Race analyzers

Old 12-17-2008, 09:58 AM
onedragracer
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by nghollis
Thanks ng,
Thats where I found the information and called Richard. I just can't find anything on the tree readers yet. I no there is a guy in South Carolina that will build one but you have to have the right contact to be able to meet or talk with him.
Like I said earlier, I've been drag racing for a long time, I have many wins, several track championships, and made alot of good friends along the way, but I will not stand by while a few so called rich assholes cheat there way to a few wins.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:42 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by onedragracer
Originally Posted by suicidebomb
Richard Matty is my roommate, I even cheat on T&T nights. Nawww, I didn't get offended cause you asked for info on the cheating sh*t I run. I got offended, Cause you want my best cheating bullsh*t for free.
Good luck and have a better day.
I've got no idea what the hell your talking about (for free). I'm trying to get as much info on the systems as possible to stop the bullshit. A friend of mine that I race with actually had about 15 time slips of a guy we thought was running a matty box. Of the 15 time slips all were a 7.95 dial over 4 different races, different DA, different everything but still 7.95 dial.
No throttle stop and also all runs had varying mph from 135 to 181. When the guy was approached about the situation he put it in the trailer and never came back with that car. Now he has a different car and can't win one round. Explain that :!:
I already have info on the Matty box. I actually called Richard Matty and acted like any potential customer and he explained the system and every option available. Now I need more info on the tree reader so I can go head hunting in the staging lanes.
I can help on this one .. 4 different races same dial, you know how many weeks my car goes with a 7.55 on the dial board MANY, I remember one weekend saturday was 90 degree, 70% humidty and air was 4200 ft, sunday was 69 degrees, 68% humdity and air was 2200 ft, everyone picked up a bunch some even a tenth, mine ran identical. MPH moving around is easy its called Finish Line Driving, spray and dump easy to pick up a bunch of et then drop 20mph at the cones its a common way to race. 50mph seems like a lot but if the other guy is 600 on the tree to a 510 bulb, and then is 5 over the dial I have 15 hudreths to work with I'll bet he kills a bunch of mph, specially if he sprays and dumps anyways.

Here is the best link I can give you to get info
http://www.perfectrun.com/RacingSchool.htm

Will this give you the info you want NO, but it'll make you a good racer and one thing they will tell ya Focus on your car :wink: :shock:

oh and IMBACK is dead on come over to drr they'd eat this one up
Old 12-17-2008, 02:00 PM
onedragracer
JUNIOR BUILDER

You must be reading a different forum. I didn't say he had spray, He didn't anyway. Did you not read the part about him finding out his car was going to be checked so he loaded up and never came back. I'm not talking about a seasoned racecar driver, I'm talking about someone who never raced before and coming out and kicking ass, doesn't no anything about the car, never looks at the other car going down the track, looks straight down at the tach the whole way. Has spun several times before the 60ft timers lifted hard and still ran 7.95. I don't no what magical racetrack you run at but around here that's impossible. That is why everybody started asking question about his car.
By the way, the tracks we run at in West Texas and Southeast New Mexico on a average summer day have a DA around 7100 to 7200 ft during afternoon racing as soon as the sun goes down the DA usually drops as low as 3800 ft. Thats one hell of a drop to still dial 7.95.
If you feel that nobody cheats then why in the hell does NHRA and IHRA have rules that govern the organization. If nobody cheated you wouldn't need rules huh :!:
Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

That keep rules around so people that complain know how far they can take it and usually get told the same answer .. your a racer he is a racer let him do his thing and you do yours, if he is cheating the TRACK OFFICAL will do the job on catching him not a racer ...

You'll never find what your looking for out in the open.. and what guy in his right mind would ever let you actually look if he is cheating, he is gonna tell you to go talk to a tree you'll have better luck. Again if he is cheating .. you should pick up a phone and call your track...

Of course if you complain all the time .. it'll do no good to call them . because they think your a cry baby... could go 50/50 for ya there

I wouldnt of said a word about any of this because I dont like a cheater as much as the next guy, but you sir went about this all the wrong way, chain of command to get something looked at, all it takes is a few people to say he is cheating and explain why and have proof of it and a tech guy will look the car over.. pretty simple I'd think.
Old 09-15-2022, 01:10 AM
PopAlexandra
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by nghollis View Post
Thanks for sharing! Seems pretty accurate.
Old 06-16-2023, 03:51 PM
ricardobermea2
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by onedragracer View Post
Has anyone ran across another driver using any of these devices?
I recently got beat by a driver using the Race analyzer (Matty Box).
I also think he had a tree reader but I haven't found any information on the tree reader. The race analyzer is made by Richard Matty. www.mattyinnovations.com. I think it is bulls--t but until someone steps up and puts a stop to the damn cheating, I'm gonna do my part and find out as much info as possible so I will no what to look for.
I Know is an old thread. But the subjet has just come out again, I make timing systems for drag racing, I make my own pre-stage and stage sensors, i know how to make the Emitter communicate with the receiver. Infrared red rays have a specific wave length and frecuency, and guess what? Yellow light has also a specific wave length and frecuency, the wave length of yellow light is between 570 nm to 590nm (Nano Meters), infrared has 940nm wave lenght, the frecuency is modulated around 58 khz, in the same manner you make infrared sensors to communicate with each other ...you can make a sensor to detect yellow light and only yellow light ( even can make the difference between the stage bulb yellow light and the first amber flood lamp) Now the signal will be fed to a micro controller and activate a delay box to trigger the transbrake, But..... you will not necessarily find this device in the car or in the gloves of the driver or in his helmet, the device can be discased in a camera held by a helper on the side line and maybe supported on a tripod and held steady and aimed and focus to the racer first amber bulb, and the signal to the delay box is accomplished with a tiny transmitter hidden in the camera and the receiver also very small hidden in the delay box. i will not go in any more details , just to answer your question of what to look for to find such device..

Last edited by ricardobermea2; 06-16-2023 at 03:53 PM.