shipper scam

Old 02-09-2020, 08:05 AM
RBK57
SHOW GUEST

Default shipper scam

i dont know if anyone else has had this happen, not sure if its a scam or not.. I just had a guy text me. he wants my car at my price and wants to send me a certified bank check. ok, then he said hes sending the check with extra money to pay the shipper..and to delete my post on this site right away.,,,i said im not dealing with the shipper, he kept telling me that once the check clears that i take the car money and send rest to his shipper..he insisted that the shipper will then know i got my money..and can get the car.. i told him again that im not dealing the the shipper, its on him to pay shipper.. then he said, Okay, bye.. i asked him to call me and he said he's hard of hearing and would rather text.. it all feels very strange..at first it sounded too good to be true..i cant figure out what kind of scam this would be, if it is a scam, or what he was getting out of it..

Last edited by RBK57; 02-09-2020 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:04 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

scam!!!!!!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-10-2020, 05:32 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Yep. 99% of any buyers who actually are interested in your car from looking at an ad, will call you in person, come look at the car in person, agree on payment method to suit you, and pick up the car in person. Text past the first contact, agreeing to price without personal inspection, sending extra money for you to pay shipper, using as shipper at all, physical disabilities, is overseas or works offshore, feels to good to be true, it is always a scam.

He is getting the money you are going to send to a supposed shipper that does not exist and then the check he sent you comes back no good a few weeks later. Be glad you questioned it.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:23 AM
RBK57
SHOW GUEST

thanks for input.. where can this be reported , anyone know who to contact?