Please read

Old 09-26-2012, 05:19 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Default Please read

Now to show how quickly thing's can get blown way out of proportion :!:

Some of you know ''Goomba'' he had a carb for sale i responded to his ad we reached a price he sent the carb the day he sent it i mailed him the money. A week later he still had not recieved the money,We stayed in constant contact with each other,I was worried and so was he. This was very reasonable on both side's. Well finally today he called me and left a message and i returned his call he recieved the money today. Now here is the tricky part, My money has been floating around the state of Tennesse for 5 day's i live in Virginia, Our mail goes to Ronoke, Virginia not Tennesse for postmarking. I think this might be some of the cause for some of the people having difference's on here. Thank God we stayed in contact with each other and got it worked out. I was ready to send the carb back to him on friday in which we had agreed that was the cut off day. Thank you Tony for believing in me that i had sent it to you.

Mark
Old 09-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Goomba
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: Please read

[quote="mopar1968"]Now to show how quickly thing's can get blown way out of proportion :!:

Some of you know ''Goomba'' he had a carb for sale i responded to his ad we reached a price he sent the carb the day he sent it i mailed him the money. A week later he still had not recieved the money,We stayed in constant contact with each other,I was worried and so was he. This was very reasonable on both side's. Well finally today he called me and left a message and i returned his call he recieved the money today. Now here is the tricky part, My money has been floating around the state of Tennesse for 5 day's i live in Virginia, Our mail goes to Ronoke, Virginia not Tennesse for postmarking. I think this might be some of the cause for some of the people having difference's on here. Thank God we stayed in contact with each other and got it worked out. I was ready to send the carb back to him on friday in which we had agreed that was the cut off day. Thank you Tony for believing in me that i had sent it to you.

Mark you are right the whole thing was real weard. I just keep thinking you would not mess me over. I did call my BUDDY Shawn AKA Pink to vent about it and like he said things have a way of working out...and they did. Mark your a class act anytime you want to buy my stuff it's yours.. :wink: Thanks Goomba
Old 09-26-2012, 06:22 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

good ole US mail....Ive had checks from chicago to orland park float in the mail for 20-25 days....it's only 18 miles away.....the postmark on the envelope doesn't lie. :x
Old 09-26-2012, 06:24 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

You could have just Ask me Goomba I would have eased your mind. I been on here a decade and know the regulars pretty well and would have no issues sending any of my stuff (and I have) to the regulars including Mark. We have a real solid base membership on this site and have been accused many times of being really close knit..you regulars know what I am saying here....scammers can't stand it when the boys get fired up..my job is easy when that stuff starts up cause the regulars take care of business and do such a good job of it I kick back and just read and smile until they ask me to do something. I have always said I work for the core members.Just like today bone hit me up with a Text on this scammer stuff and it got taken care off. I have several regulars cell #'s and they have mine...so yeah I guess that makes us the crew. Lol

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-26-2012, 07:58 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

hell i would trust Merk with my life. Well in actuality i did 3 yrs ago when i moved down here. so if Mark says he will do something have no fear it will be done. And from what i know of the regulars i feel the same about them. we have seen the good and bad of each others lives on here
Old 09-27-2012, 04:57 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
good ole US mail....
A few years ago, my brother mailed six tickets to my son for the Petite LeMans at Road Atlanta.

Mailed on Tuesday morning in Marietta, GA, my son got them Monday at North Georgia College in Dahlonaga, GA - as the crow flies, 53 miles.

Obviously the event was over and he was ticked off because he and his buddies had planned the whole weekend.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Good deal, fellas.

Goomba is a great guy to buy stuff from. I bust his chops all the time because he gives stuff away!! Fact is, he isn't in it for the money and simply just likes to help the next guy out because somewhere along the line, someone helped him.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:24 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Shawn, That's how we got it done we both remained calm,Did not get excited, Talked all the way thru untill it was completed. If more people would do like myself and Tony did there would be alot less trouble with deal's on here :!: :!:

Mark
Old 09-27-2012, 04:14 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

well... when i did the anthrax cleanup at the brentwood post office in DC .... we had to clean all the sorting equip. and to say the post office doesnt loose any mail is a flat out lie... cause their was letters down inside all the machines that been there any where from days to years according to the post marks on them.... lmao
Old 09-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Goomba
MASTER BUILDER

Mark looks like we were lucky it was just a week... :idea:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -