Help with posting pics

Old 05-13-2007, 08:20 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Default Help with posting pics

This is to help anyone wanting to post pictures/videos of their cars, etc. here on Racing Junk.

This works with any site though.

Please do not post anything larger than 800 x 600 for posts and pics and nothing larger than 150 x 150 for your avatar.

Anything larger gums up the site and makes it too hard for those on dial up to navigate and enjoy the stuff you are posting.

The first thing you need to do when posting pictures is to have a place to store them on the internet, or an image hosting ftp site.

To do that you need an account at one of the following sites, links provided.

http://imageshack.us/ Imageshack allows you to resize right there.

Now, click on the above link it will allow you to upload pics and videos.

Register at the site and once you have joined you can now start uploading.

When uploading use the browse feature to locate the pics/videos on your computer you want to share and click upload.

Once your items have been uploaded to the image hosting site you can now add them to your posts, signature and add one as an avatar.

Now keep one thing in mind, pictures need to be kept to 800 x 600 size limit and avatars no larger than 150 x 150.

This is because many of our users are on dial-up and anything larger takes forever for them to be able to see, and we want all of our members to enjoy the pics you just uploaded.

Here is a link to a photo re-sizer...it is easy to use, if you use image shack it has a built in re-sizer... http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx Now scroll down the page and on the right hand side choose Image Resizer download and install it.

Once installed right click the photo you want to resize and select resize. It gives you many choices including a custom button where you can set the size, say for your avatar.

Now, once your pics have been uploded and your ready to post them.

To add them to a post you need to use the [img] button located at the top of your post.

Right click on the photo you want to add and select copy.

In your post, Click [img]addyourlinkinsideyourpostandclick[/img] again.

Pics included:

Once the phot has been added click preview or submit.

If anyone has problems or needs a hand please send me a PM.
I am here to help.
Besides, it's always nice to have something to look at while reading....I love picture books...lol

*EDIT Tom & Carl 8)
Old 05-13-2007, 08:34 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Carl very nice touch here well done,I hope this help people with question,excellent post brother Thanks,Tom