Scammer? Yes or no?

Old 07-21-2017, 07:48 PM
Robbie7c
SHOW GUEST

Default Scammer? Yes or no?

Ad link:
http://www.racingjunk.com/Dodge/1829...e-Charger.html

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and website. But I found a car ad on here... pretty much my dream car, only thing I'd change is the motor and trans. But the body style is what I'm after. This car at this price I will buy without hesitating.

Just wanted to ask if any one else has dealt with this ad before and knows if it's real or not. I sent him a message, but if anyone has any info on if its real or not it would be greatly appreciated, it would save me the trip from Ontario to LA.

Ad link (again): http://www.racingjunk.com/Dodge/1829...e-Charger.html
Old 07-21-2017, 08:42 PM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Looks too good to be true to me. Price is too far below value if it is as represented. New member, so be weary. First key will be if you can reach seller and talk in person. If you just get text and no phone call, look out. Even if it is legit, find someone on racing Junk in the area to go look at it for you before planning a trip.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:28 AM
Robbie7c
SHOW GUEST

Ok, thanks man. I haven't gotten a reply back from the seller yet but if I find anything else out about it I'll keep this thread updated.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:01 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Its a scam, if I could find Chargers like that for less than $10K I would buy them all up!
I am going to flag the ad now...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-22-2017, 08:58 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Mark is 100% right, ask for a racing junk member (not a new member) who might live in the area to go have a look and get you some pictures. Chris deleted it (thats a good thing) but he will be back.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:02 AM
jayvee34
SENIOR BUILDER

SCAMMERS HAVE BECOME PAYING MEMBERS OF RJ.
Check out the featured ads that was posted yesterday, i.e., a 1970
Chevelle conv., matching #'s, $37,400.00, a 1957 Chevy Conv., power
pack etc., $25,800., 69 Z28 $20,200.00. There are some more, these
are the latest. I guess RJ does not edit or care who or what is posted
as long as they get their ad fees and or membership fees.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:10 PM
jayvee34
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by jayvee34 View Post
SCAMMERS HAVE BECOME PAYING MEMBERS OF RJ.
Check out the featured ads that was posted yesterday, i.e., a 1970
Chevelle conv., matching #'s, $37,400.00, a 1957 Chevy Conv., power
pack etc., $25,800., 69 Z28 $20,200.00. There are some more, these
are the latest. I guess RJ does not edit or care who or what is posted
as long as they get their ad fees and or membership fees.
My apologies to RJ, They do care, The 3 scam ads mentioned above along
with some others I noticed yesterday are no longer on the site.
Great job RJ. Thanks
Old 07-24-2017, 12:18 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

As in the past, its up to us when we see this crap to report it to RJ, give them a heads up and they will fix it, my guess is they do not have the man power to keep up with every ad. Craigslist relies on its readers/members to catch these low lifes.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:53 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

There is one set of about 8 ads that appear most weekends under the Hot Rod Cars section. They are put up after the Racing Junk guys go home on Friday evening, so they can stay up all weekend until the Racing Junk guys get back to work Monday. All we can do to help is flag them when they go up and they will get taken down Monday.

The ads and the pictures are mostly repeated with just new members names and locations. They have only one picture taken out in a open area. They do not include phone numbers. The prices are obviously too low for the picture and description.

I have never understood what the scammer gains by placing the ads? Are just trying to get a reply so they can use your email to benefit them? Do they actually get money sent to them?
Old 07-25-2017, 11:39 AM
jayvee34
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by BigBlockMark View Post
There is one set of about 8 ads that appear most weekends under the Hot Rod Cars section. They are put up after the Racing Junk guys go home on Friday evening, so they can stay up all weekend until the Racing Junk guys get back to work Monday. All we can do to help is flag them when they go up and they will get taken down Monday.

The ads and the pictures are mostly repeated with just new members names and locations. They have only one picture taken out in a open area. They do not include phone numbers. The prices are obviously too low for the picture and description.

I have never understood what the scammer gains by placing the ads? Are just trying to get a reply so they can use your email to benefit them? Do they actually get money sent to them?
My understanding of how they work is the same as they do on Craigs List. When replying to one of their ads
they want a deposit sent to them, usually by credit card, paypal, money order, or certified check. Some
people are so trusting, gullible, or think they are getting a deal they can't pass up they will send money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -